Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XTM's MAMMOTH READY-TO-RUN NITRO MONSTER TRUCK WITH ENGINE & RADIO

Includes the Big XTM 24.7 nitro engine & an adjustable 2-speed transmission!

Totally hassle free - factory assembled, ready-to-run, with a painted and trimmed body, Hitec Lynx Sport radio, and new big head XTM 24.7 pull start nitro engine.

The Mammoth comes with a two-speed adjustable transmission for peak transfer of power to the ground; full ball bearings for reduced friction and faster speeds; eight threaded aluminum shocks; high torque, metal geared steering servo; and it boasts a whopping 2.6 horsepower!

SPECS:
<UL>
<LI>Length, 59.5 cm (23.4 in)
<LI>Height, 26.5 cm (10.43 in)
<LI>Front Width, 43.6 cm (17.16 in)
<LI>Rear Width, 44.3 cm (17.44 in)
<LI>Adjustable Wheelbase, 38.9 to 39.4 cm (15.3 to 15.5
<LI>Ground Clearance, 8.75 cm (3.44 in)
<LI>Weight 11.75 lbs. </LI>[/list]

Edited by: AUSRC

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK Guys,

Lets open discussion on this one.

The rules- IF YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT - Keep you opinions constructive. This is not an opportunity to flame XTM. If you have had genuine experiences with XTM, lets hear it....

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
I, am a HUGE fan of the XTM mammoth, i have been eyeing it for a while now and i am planning to buy it as soon as possible..in other words whenever i have the money. I dont believe it can hit low 50's stock.....but i have never seen it run so im not sure....the front and back shock towers are easily bendable so you need a roll cage to keep it in good condition. I have heard a lot about it tho. I know people who have it. Not Real Life tho. Over the internet. They are impressed with the break-in and the power of the Mammoth. They do not regret buying it. This one person compared the Savage 25/SS and the Mammoth. They said: The mammoth is definatly faster. The savage is more durable and more for Rock climbling and BMX tracks. The Mammoth is more for off roading and racing/speed. I would personally pick the Mammoth over the savage or any other truck anyday. Until the genesis comes out.I dont know how it will be or what it looks like in real life, but until the genesis comes out, the mammoth is my all time favorite truck. I am also impressed by the engine size and the fact that it is RTR. When i get the truck i will give you much more detailed information about it. Im sure you will all know much more about it before i get it, if you're interested in it....For now.....Thats about my opinion and my knowedge....Now wait till i get it
.....LaTeR

G

·
It definately can! The Mammoth is light, plus the engine is HUGE on torque and HP (I have a 24-7 Pro) This means that they can use extremely high gearing! A guy that had a Terra Crusher (VERY heavy truck) had an original 24-7 and he geared it up and acceleration was still good and it had a top speed of 54 MPH! It definately can do it!

G

·
I own one. It is awesome! I run with Savage and MGT
owners. Out of the box it is one of the baddest boys out
there. Yes, the shock towers are prone to bend under extreme
circumstances (the rear ones only). XTM makes a stonger shock
tower that takes care of it. Several people also make carbon
fiber towers and braces that make it bulletproof. Other than that
it is durable and extremly fast. Global Services /
hobbypeople.net give great service and really stand behind the
product. Parts turnaround is super fast.

see it at this month's issue of RC Car (February) or at www.pfsoffice.net/mammoth.pdf

kevrut

·
Registered
358 Posts
XTM products in general are pretty good.

The Mammoths weakness is probably the same as the XTM X-Terminator, which is the same as my buggy, a GV Rex-X - a hit to the rear (or wingfor the buggys) can be transferred to the rear diff housing, causing it to break.

A replacement housing isn't too expensive, but also a simple brace can be made to strengthen the housing to rear shock tower plate which seems to fix the problem completely.

I've had my Rex since September '03 and had some interesting accidents, but so far have not broken this (touch wood).

I'm jealous that my Rex doesn't come with a 247 motor. It would easily pass 50mph with that baby. The Mammoth with a 2speed should easily do 50mph.

Global have a forum where you can find lots of info about the XTM beasts, check it out if you want to find out more.

Cheers, Oggy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts