Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, guys the pro arrived in the mail about to days ago i thought i would just put up some pics. I havn't put it in the truck yet wait for some parts but anyway here you go!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
wow.. NICE!.. clean as!

i like the head!!!

they dont come with glow plug.. how funny! lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
my 24/7 pro came with a glow plug..but i see thats not badged with xtm?? what brand is that?? and where did u get it from??

and by the way the motor flies!

ryan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the XTM 24.7 Pro. But the latest batch of the motors have SHinstead of XTMon the side and no XTM sign on the Head and the case is more greyish not black.

The motor is exactly the same just got the manafacturer label on it!

And i bought it off ebay from Engine_Nut for $157.

·
Registered
477 Posts
ok nice!!

i also notice one more thing..the top of the head isnt machined the same as the xtm head...also did u buy that off ebay aus for $157?? ifso you got a bargin!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah welli dont care what the outside looks like. Just what the inside does and i no for a fact its the exact same engine except for those few minor things. And yes X i got the engine for $157 US of ebay.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sweet looking engine. Looks like your about to have a whole lot of fun

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
They are identical engines. SH actually make them. The xtm is just a re badged SH. Internally identical

Sweet looking motor. Chuck a vid up of it in the savy when you are up and running

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Whats the recoimmended breaking procedure on that sucker? Is it the common old idle/slow breaking or the new buzz?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
i would be breaking it in the fantom/RBmods method. Makes much more sence. No doubt that the instructions will say to idol through the first few tanks though...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actually the pro doesn't come with instructions there on the net. And it says to run it around for a 3 minutes shut it off and then lean the hsn 1/8 every. Then do this for a bout for about 45 mins. And it says to like advance the throttle is short sharp bursts. After the 45 it says engine will be almost broken in. But id do another 4 -5 tank half throttle.

Anyway Husky where can i get the instructions on you break-in method of rbmods??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i found the rb mods site and looked at the break-in procedure. Its very similar to the XTM break- in procedure.. I copied some of it... here it is.
4) After the engine has been running for about 20 seconds, remove the power from the glow plug. Advance the throttle in short, quick bursts and drive the car around for about 2-3 minutes. If the engine is running rich enough, you should notice excessive white smoke coming from the exhaust and the engine should sound like it.s running very rough. Also, the car will barely be moving. If there is not excessive white smoke coming from the exhaust, richen the high speed needle valve. After 2-3 minutes stop the engine by pinching the fuel line to the carburetor.
5) Let the engine cool for approximately 10 minutes, then restart it. Set the high speed needle valve mixture to a slightly leaner setting, about 1/8 turn more in (clockwise). Repeat step # 4 above then stop the engine and let it cool for approximately 10 minutes.
6) Repeat the procedure in step # 5, while leaning the needle valve slightly more each time. In all, you should run the engine a total of about 45 minutes. After 45 minutes of run-time the engine will be broken in. Run the engine with the needle valve set slightly rich, but lean enough to power the car. At this point the engine shouldhold a good setting on the high speed needle valve and you canbegin to fine tune the needle valve settings to increase performance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats an awesome manual. But i thing i didn't understand was how far to lean the hsn. it says to lean it until maximum rpm, but is that 1 full turn, 2 full turns.. half a turn.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
lean it until you have max rpm's(how ever many turns it takes). Once you have this point, richen up 1/8th turn

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey X, did you do the xtm break-in? if so you no how it says to lean the hsn 1/8th of a turn every 3 minutes. Well did u do it every time ?? because its a bit unrealistic you would hav to do it 15 times and the hsn is only 3 1/4 turns out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
nah i didnt really use the xtm break in..

this is what i did..but ive heard that its the wrong way of doing it because im not leaning it out straight away..but hey i dont wanna blow up abrandnew engine in breakin..

i started it up on the stock settings it came with 3.75 turns out on HSN and 1 turn out on LSN..i found the low speed needle a problem and the car wanted to stall when i aplied the throttle..so i leaned out the LSN..it ended up being screwd all the way in before it would go properly..

well i let it idle for a tank..then i went quater throttle up and down the street with a few half throttle blurps..then i leaned it out 1/8 of a turn every 2 or so runs..until i got to 3 turns out which im happy with..enough power for me

but yeh everyone on here said i done it wrong..so dont take my word for it..i just done what every hobbyshop told me to do..take it easy..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey husky,

on break-in you no how u lean it as soon as you get it going well did u shut it down every 3minutes and do it that way or did do a full tank??

·
Registered
793 Posts
hey ive got this motor and am having a hard time starting it for the first time, it seems way too rich??? but its at the settings the xtm 24.7 pro manual recommends?? 8 turns out on LSN, and 3 turns out HSN....

x, you said someting about 1 turn out on the LSN?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.