Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.planethobbiesonline.com

Anyone dealt with them?

Their kit prices seem very cheap, the TA04R tuned chassis especially, makes me think about buying one as it would cost no more than it would to hop up my ta04s to that spec...

·
Registered
36 Posts
when you add 10 % GST it doesnt look as attractive anymore

whats worse isthat BS packaging cost they charge

and the last isaw them onebay, they ship without insurance

i'll give you an example

$799 [buy now] (very attractive figure)

add i think it was $56 postage without insurance

$26 for packaging

then 10% GST

about $960 at your door (not so attractive anymore)

at the same time of advertising i saw MRC's ad

Mark's was $900 [buy now](at first glance may not look so attractive but if you follow through and read the whole ad...)

it includes reverse module

shipping was i think $26 or $36 i cant remember.But i doremember it clearly stating he ships with insurance.

no BS packaging cost, no other hidden cost, no tricks.

so for $930 you get the same thing as planethobbies but you are getting reverse module and piece of mind while itsin transit.

this was a couple of weeks ago

·
Registered
36 Posts
i forgot to mention the few complaints about planethobbies on ebay. they were complaining about delivery times taking too long

G

·
I have used these guys 3 times and they were OK but 4 time they said the item got lost in the postIhad to keep chasing them they would never return phone calls emails the would answer eventually.Soa lotof stuffing round a month later goods arrivedI will never use again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know a bit about the history of thias particular seller on eBay, and their past user IDs... the fact that they wrote a story in an Australian RC mag that was basically an ad for them... some of the problems they have had in the past... but I have always got good deals from them.

Their $29 Kyosho Raider buggies NIB seem like a good deal, until you add up all else and find it's more like $60 or so total... but then again, $60 for a NIB buggy.... but then again again, it is only a Raider... lol...

Alex

·
Registered
307 Posts
Planet Hobbies state that GST is not part of the advertised price, due to international buyers. That ain't so bad..

The BS is the packaging and hand fees, plus the made-up postage cost to compinsate for the cheap-ad-price.

If they bring the GP 3300 cells back down to $50 I may purchase that item.

Always read the fine print.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Planet Hobbies are crooks. There delivery time is shocking. They never return phone calls, nor emails and they charge like wounded bulls for postage yet it takes so long.

Don't waste your time dealing with these ripoff's.

G

·
I just bought my Kyosho Inferno Mp 7.5 sports RTR from them and they seemed fine to me...

It arrived at my doorstep within 5 days of payment and the price was still $300 cheaper than my LHS, i was a bit nervous buying from them at first but i think i will deal with them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts