Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 200ml bottle of 2 stroke oil. It's from Ryobi "2 stroke synthetic fortified oil". it says its designed for hedge trimmers, lawn mowers, line trimmers, generators, chainsaws etc. I use it for my line trimmer! It also says lubricant designed for all 2 stroke motors. Will it work for a baja 5b or do i have to get some sought of special 2 stroke oil??

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
mate thats just normal 2 stroke mineral oil, dont see it being anything fancy, youd wana run some GOOD synthetic/semi synthetic oil in the baja because dont forget the baja is constantly revving at 15k rpm + not 5k rpm that your line trimmer or lawnmower run at.... plus its pretty pricey to replace an engine when it does blow...one $30 bottle of oil will do you 20 or so litres of fuel, thats a fair while, better than $300 + for an engine after a few hours use

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
i ran motul in my yz125 and it blew up 2 tanks later.....

supercheap auto has it, the FUCHS go kart oil or the motorbike oil or you can get the castrol stuff, usualy 25-35 bucks a litre but its worth it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, ill go to a supercheap auto and motorbike shop tomorrow and check the prices. Thanks guys for all your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts