Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a plug for our local publications - anyone read them? There's only 2:-

Racing Lines

RC Cars for Dirt & Track (aka "Dirt & Track")

Support our local publishers, boys.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I prefer Dirt and Track actually, as I find it's reviews more interesting... and I like the lack of ads. Also, I grew up on D&T back in the old days, so I prefer it's style.

Not as big a fan of Racing Maloo Ute Lines... although I buy it most of the time because there's not much else to read...

Alex

·
Registered
472 Posts
dirt and track is gay..its fullla crap-maxx's and all those grand vigour lumps of junk...a good read is RC Driver...its a new magazine..but its relly good

G

·
i read racing lines, does g.v models own that mag or what? every second page there is a g.v models car or truck on there. But im still a fan of it.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trinity must own RC Car Action by the amt of ads there is... by them and all their related companies eg EPIC etc.

JoNo-vs-SAVAGE said:
...a good read is RC Driver...its a new magazine..but its relly good

Nah - they spent the months before #1 giving out all the big hype and how they are going to do so different from the rest... but now they are out - where's the big deal??! Its all the same old crud as all the others.

No magazine ever publishes "bad" reviews anymore.

·
Registered
472 Posts
yeah i noticed that...which sucked...i wish they would so people would know what to avoid

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately the GV range does sell a lot, especially since they have had the Monaro/Falcon/Commodore/Ute shells on them. They walk out the door like you would not believe, some ppl even buy them just for shelf display.

And with their latest belt-drive chassis, it ain't even too bad a car now. Nothing too special, but heaps better than their first efforts which were something horrid.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i reckon if they could buy the plans off of someone like hpi or tamiya or someone and do a shaft drive..good quality car...at a reasonable price....then you would have a winner....more people would get into rc...cos most people use the GV cars for bashing around the street...rocks get caught in gears, belts etc and there hell..my mate had one a year or so ago..he shoved it on ebay...made his money back and went about baught a tg10 wich was a hell of a lot better

jus my '02

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah, disagree. The 1st car *was* a shaftdrive derived from the Colts, it was 2WD with optional 4WD. Shaftdrive cars will still have the same lot of gears. That 1st car was a handling horror.

Some clubs have a GV class aka "race what you brung / Novice". But generally speaking, most of the ppl who buy these RTRs never make it to the racetrack.

Its a big marketing thing -- to have a 'petrol' car on the market for < $500 or complete with Holden/Ford body. Quality, handling & design of chassis is only a secondary concern imho.

Besides GV is usually recognised at being the bottom of the RC foodchain, so it doesn't hurt their reputation anyways.
Bit like Daewoo eh?

·
Registered
472 Posts
hahah thats a good point...but atleast there puitting out theses budget cars to get people into RC...the 2 cars that got me hooked and made me want an rc for ages is the tamiya super hornet...my mate had one ontop of his chest of draws since i was a lilly...and a GV umm cant memebre which one..but it was rear wheel drive and came with a VT GTS body i think....handled like crap was reliable as crap...and one interfearance glitch and it mounted the curb..3 feet of air at WOT then into a telephone poll...id neva seen a chasis with a 90 degree bend jus afta the radio tray....jus abuot everything broke on it that day...so he went out and bouhgt a TG10

1 - 14 of 14 Posts