Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting and Salutations. I'm in Kilsyth and just wondering who is around in Melbourne playing with what helis with how much experience.
Hell I haven't gotten my CP into the air comfortably as I'm only half way though Rodd's Rotary flight school lessons. My wife got sick of my ultra micro in the house and kicked me outside and told me to get serious and a bigger heli.

Plenty of noobs like me around with the proverbial training wheels still on but who are the sensei? Who's is a bit sociable? Where's it safe to fly other than your backyard which really isn't that safe. Lilydale Lake is just too busy with dogs.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Lilydale here mate

Have heaps of micros Blade MSR, Blade 120SR, NE Solo Pro

Also have a Blade 400 but I'm barely hovering it

Spend heaps of time on Phoenix

I go down to the Lilydale Club to watch em fly pretty often, will join up one day and learn how to fly properly

I fly my small planes on an oval in Mooroolbark, often a few blokes there messing around

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is an ace collection including pretty much everything I looked at seriously before getting my Twister. I want to get one of those micros but I'm getting Phoenix later this week so is going to have to wait. I checked that out last weekend and is the way to go with my TX. You play online? I plan on running it on my netbook hooked up to my TV.

What oval in Muzziebee? It's just about spiting distance for me. There are several including the school ones.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Join the Archeli forum, full of heaps of good info

They usually have an online Phoenix session up every night and post details of when they will be flying down at Lilydale (Helis usually fly Thursday afternoons)

I run Phoenix on a small LCD TV and have a wireless transmitter adapter so I dont need to be plugged into the laptop

I use a Spektrum DX6i for all my gear including Phoenix

The oval is next to the railway bridge on Mooroolbark road

Happy to let ya have a fly of my micros sometime

Some of us off the forum meetup at a place in Park Orchards regularly (this sunday is next one), there is a huge oval there and plenty of space for flying

Last time we were there a guy was flying a Piper J3 around

I usually have Mondays and Wednesdays off happy to meet up for a fly

I have a new electric glider that I havent flown yet

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Agreed, and as is the case with most forums have to filter the contect using the great piece of software (fullash it v1.0)

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I am over in the other forums too sussing things out. Some helpful people around and I'd like to meet a few which I will eventually.

On the weekend I installed the alloy head upgrade the the NE Solo Pro and it makes a difference I think. Pretty easy the master and loads of fun outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts