Australian RC Forums banner

Which one?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  AUSRC 
#1 ·
Hello, I’ve been looking around for a good stadium truck and I’ve found 3 that i like, but I don’t know which one to get, the three I have chosen are Kyosho TR-15 Stadium Force, HPI MT 2 and a Traxxas Nitro Rustler, so I’m asking which one would be a good buy? I'm looking for durability, parts/hop upsare readily available and good value. So can anyone enlighten me to which one to get?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Doh!

What will you be using it for, bashing or competition?

Will you be buying it loacally or from OS?

Do you have a track that you will be using?

Why all the questions......

If you are using it for bashing get the one that appeals to you, if you are using it for racing different factors will apply. If you are using it for racing, what is everyone else at the club racing? How do they find it? Talk to club members, generally they are friendly, and have learned from their mistakes.

If you are buying for OS, have you checked your LHS to see if they carry spares? Is HPI, Traxxas or Kyosho better supported locally? I would think probably Kyosho is, but then MRC in Canberra carries heaps of HPI stuff as well.

Putting all of that aside and coming down to my own opinion, I love the MT2.

Regards,

AUSRC

Even if you buy it locally, what is spares availability like?

#4 ·
Mostly bashing, maybe a little amount of competition racing both my LHS' stock parts for both, I’m leaning to the MT2, but I have found on various forums problems with the diffs. I don’t know where to buy yet, as if I buy for AUS, it’s expensive but warranty issues are easily dealt with, if I buy from OS it'll be cheaper but warranty will be allot harder to deal with.

#5 ·
The MT2 would be great for bashing, it has 4WD so its easier to go over certian terrain and it has advantages when racing since its 4WD.

I would NOT go with the Kyosho Stadium Force, if it has a similar or exact gearbox as the Kyosho Ultima ST then the gearbox will give you hell.

Rustler, its fast, agile and if you smack something itll be busted more than likely at 50mph.

Also, i really doubt the Stadium Force is going to have many hopups, if any at all like the Ultima. The Rusty probably has a few RPM parts and other hop ups, and then MT2 only has HPI from what ive seen, but its extremely new in the RC world so wait a while and itd have more available hopups.

#7 ·
Just as a note - the MT2 shares some parts with the Savage as well - the spur is one that I know of..... wonder what else (if anything).

Regards,

AUSRC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.