Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Ive been checking this forum out for a while but never got around to making an account,
Now that I have I thought I would ask you guys a question...

Im gonna have some money soon (birthday :D) and I was thinking of getting a smaller electric RC to bash around in the back yard and such.
My Savage XL can only just turn around in my yard as its long but not very wide.
Anyway, I have pretty much decided on traxxas due to the waterproof electronics that come with the kits and I was thinking of getting the 1/16 slash but now Im considering the rustler.
What are the pluses or minuses of each model?
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks, James :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha thanks, but I dont think I can afford the second option.
The HPI truck looks awesome! but I might have to save for a little while to buy batteries because $400 is probably the limit.
One of the good things about traxxas stuff is the waterproof electronics. How hard/expensive would it be to get the HPI truck waterproof?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am sure one of the Electric guy's can give you better advice than myself on that issue.

As my signature suggest " I like the smell of fumes" and i would imagine the fumes from an electric can be very Toxic:)

Cheer's

Dishnit

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Traxxas 1/16 cars are a hoot, the Erevo has more ground clearance than the Slash so is better for bashing

Rustler's are also great fun and almost bulletproof once setup well

How much do you plan to spend ?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
my advice would be to get the mini e-revo. the mini e-revo IMO is funner to drive, better to drive, faster and handles better. it may not look as good but who cares what it looks like when its doing 80km/h down your street (if you buy the series adapter and another battery). Also there are tons of upgrades available for the merv to make it near bulletproof.

Also i have both and the MTDT IMO has many problems and i prefer to drive my merv more than my MTDT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much do you plan to spend ?
Hopefully around $350-$360 but I could probably stretch to $400.
my advice would be to get the mini e-revo.
A mini revo would be nice, but my LHS said they could do a 1/16 slash for $290 which I thought was a good price.
Are there any advantages to the rustler over the slash? or vise versa?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
If you buy the slash, if you want, you can convert it to a MERV, it really isn't too hard and won't cost too much. Many people own the slash and like it, it doesn't handle as well as the MERV but it is more realistic and when you go close to 50mph it will flip but, its your choice.

I don't own a rustler so i cant talk about it so maybe someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
You can get a new 1/16 Erevo (with 2.4g radio) for $320 aus landed from Tower Hobbies

1/16 cars do not cover the same sort of ground as the Rustler as they lack height, depends how you plan to use it

I sold my highly modified Rustler once I purchased the mini Revo, so much more fun to be had with it

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.