·
Registered
562 Posts
fuel

hi i use normal unleaded with castrol 747 raceing oil from supercheap

·
Registered
375 Posts
I still use bp ultimate. It may depend on the motor. I've got the full full mod by obr and it mentions to use 91 or higher. The stock cy should be fine with normal unleaded.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Guys oz gets the worst fuel in the world so for high compression you need high Ron!!! Stock use mobil premium, less additives.. Known fact in the 1:1 street , boat scene... High comp, Ada head etc, use over 100 Ron .. I run big comp and mix my own 4 parts premium, one part vp109 a dash of nitro and royal purple at 35 to one... Goes crazy and smells great :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
We actually get get the best fuel. The US top of the range fuel starts at 91 and goes down from there.
Actually we don't get get the best, far from... Go to japan, and US has a different rating
system...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
We actually get get the best fuel. The US top of the range fuel starts at 91 and goes down from there.
You are very far from the truth actually.

US 91 is equal to our 98 octane fuel.
Our fuel is one of the worst quality of all the western countries.

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Hi Octane ULP with Motul 800.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
bog stock anything 2 stroke is 25/1..... safety.. If money not a major issue and 10 tanks is enough before ring and bearings, lean it out and run a lighter mix... Just keep an eye on plug colour... Mate, some blokes run 50/1 and run plugs white??? If you wanna be fast .power to weight.... Wanna bash you want longevity, only 1 hp different but will get you 12 months not 12 races... cheers

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is what CY say for octane rating. Note it doesnt say RON or MON. Leigh.

ModelR260Cooling Type Air Cooled Displacementcc25.4 Boremm34Strokemm28 Max. PowerPS / rpm2.6 / 11500 Max. Torquekg-m / rpm0.151 / 9500Min. Fuel Consumptiong/PS . H480Max. rpm at no loadrpm19000 Compression Ratio 9.5 Fuel Recommend Octane 95~98 Oil Recommend FC grade 2 Cycle engine oil Mixture Ratio Pre-mixed (25 Gasoline : 1 Engine Oil) Ignition Type TDICarburetor WTSpark PlugStd.NGK: CMR7HStarter RecoilClutchInrpm5900Stallrpm8000Overall SizeLengthmm168Widthmm150Heightmm197 Weightkg.2.56

http://www.chungyang.com.tw/en/product01-r260.html

·
Registered
378 Posts
The current 5bss manual on page 6 "octane of 92-98(us 87-93) gasoline"

I use premium ulp & motul 800 @ 25:1. Leigh

·
Registered
879 Posts
i dont really think that the amount of fuel these things use that id ever bother to compare prices between regular and premium... i just get BP ultimate and mix it with royal purple. never tried anything else, and i tell ya what, the engine goes great. :D

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
i dont really think that the amount of fuel these things use that id ever bother to compare prices between regular and premium... i just get BP ultimate and mix it with royal purple. never tried anything else, and i tell ya what, the engine goes great. :D
Your hairdresser uses bp ultimate...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I use BP Ultimate and shell advance racing x 2t oil. It says it's safe to use at 40:1, but I just stick with 25:1 mix, and I've never had an issue on my gp290 now for at least 25 liters.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Shell v power and motul 800 , still going strong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts