Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys just new wondering if you could tell me the best electric mototr for torque ( size i think has to be 540 ) as it will be ina drift car

thanks for youre help

Tinman

·
Registered
335 Posts
ive got a 27 turn team orion "stock" motor and it seems to have a lot of torque, great for drifting, i use it my TB-01..... not sure how much it costs though, ill have a look at frontline for it.....

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Have tried many different motors on drift cars with PVC tyres - everything from silvercan 540s, to stockers and mods. Yes lotsa torque is what you want.

540 has lots of torque but is pretty slow. Yokomo tyres grip a bit better than PVC so you'll need a bit more power.

Ran a 27t stock motor (a Trinity P2K known for more torque) last weekend but although it was better... more speed wanted! We had geared this lower than if we were racing in Stock... so top speed is nothing flash.

Favourite is still a mild mod 17-ish turn. Gives the best combo of speed and torque, makes driving much easier. So run a mild mod with bearings and gear it low, you can afford to set the timing quite advanced too for more torque.

Ultimate is a Novak brushless... heck, you won't even need drift tyres to drive sideways with that!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
zoomer said:
Have tried many different motors on drift cars with PVC tyres - everything from silvercan 540s, to stockers and mods. Yes lotsa torque is what you want.

540 has lots of torque but is pretty slow. Yokomo tyres grip a bit better than PVC so you'll need a bit more power.

Ran a 27t stock motor (a Trinity P2K known for more torque) last weekend but although it was better... more speed wanted! We had geared this lower than if we were racing in Stock... so top speed is nothing flash.

Favourite is still a mild mod 17-ish turn. Gives the best combo of speed and torque, makes driving much easier. So run a mild mod with bearings and gear it low, you can afford to set the timing quite advanced too for more torque.

Ultimate is a Novak brushless... heck, you won't even need drift tyres to drive sideways with that!!!

a 27t stocker is more than adequate. I use a kisbey 19t motor with my yoke cgm equipped with the drift tires. I think you will find the included pinion (30t) is a tad tall for most mod motors. your final drive will be around 5.49:1 with the 30t pinion. dropping to a 25 t pinion will be a bit more motor friendly.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
haha... one can drift using nitro tourers running on rock-hard Tamiya kit tyres... so maybe my speed expectations might differ to others.

·
Registered
596 Posts
drift is the only way you can drive a 1:8th kyosho land jump on road.
for those who don't know its a old chain driven buggy with a locked rear diff.

what happened to your aus micro signature zommer??

·
Registered
240 Posts
My son has a Yokomo drift car with a 17T x 3 Peak motor & it seems to have enough power.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can we make a Savage drift on pavement? An ultra cool, lowered Savage with fat wheels, hunka metal going sideways mmm....

grrrrrrrr.....

MnB

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have seen a lowered savage milknbutter, looks mad, im thinking of buying a 2nd savage and dumping it on its nutz.........

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
milknbutter said:
Can we make a Savage drift on pavement? An ultra cool, lowered Savage with fat wheels, hunka metal going sideways mmm....

Savage has enough power to drift anywhere, even on tarmac.

Rip your tyres to shreds though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.