Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock 27 MHz AM receiver on the NitroTC3 runs on 6v,butI've seen 7.2v, 4.8v packs?? What are those onesused for? What are the standard voltages receivers and servos runs onthese days?

I cant run 7.2v on a 6v receiver can I? Thanx

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
for your reciever use 4.8 or 6v. The 7.2 v packs are for the running of morors in the car and rotostarts!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ar ... i see, thanx husky, what about those even higher voltage ones? What are they for?

All receiver and servo these days use 6v right??

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
yeah 6v max. Not sure what the electric guys use the bigger voltages for. Bigger motors i suppose.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
yeah you want at least 1000mah. so 1200 should be good
. Is that orion battery the correct shape for your needs? You can get these packs made up on the spot at LHS

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea... they are, they have those made for the associated cars as well, just with the different plug.

What is this LHS place? got a link? How much do they charge?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
LHS - local hobby shop
. They have the individual cells and make the packs up to fit the space you have in your radio box

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
theres a shop in Adelaide called "Battery Packs Australia".. he is a battery distributor who works out a shed @ his house...

He will make/sell battery packs for anything you can think of except automotive batteries, and he is damn cheap and extremely good..look around locally for other similar distributors/wholesalers like "Olympic batteries". They will do the same, but at a slightly higher price than batt pack aus.

NTC3, FYI: 4x disposable AA's @1.5v = 6volts

4x rechargable AA @1.2V = 4.8volts (all rechargable AA's are 1.2v)

5x rechargable AA pack @ 1.2v = 6volts..

this is why, whenever you upgrade to rechargable (either nicad or nimh) it is important to get a 5cell pack made up, otherwise all your radio gear runs on lower voltage than normal + all your servos work slower + range may be affected also.

If you buy locally,a pack shape like the red one on the left will fit straight into the tc3 receiver slot in the chassis. My mate had a pack that shape made for his TC3, and it works great. the top battery sat "just" above the chassis, so its all nice n low still..

Edited by: Oblivion

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ar.. sounds good, I'll pop down to hobbyco in the city somtimes. I live in Sydney Oblivion, so I dont think I can get to that place you've mentioned, thanx for the heads up anyway.

I've actually bought 16 Sanyo 2300mAH rechargable battery off ebay the other day already, should get them on monday. So I would use 8 for my transmitter, and pop down to my local LHS and ask them to make a 5 pack out of the remaining ones for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts