Australian RC Forums banner

Which chassis for 1/10 Pro Class Gas?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I was at England Park Raceway in Brenadale on Sunday, and now have the bug for the 1/10 scale Pro Gas Tourers.

All of the guys at the track say the Kyosho V-One-RR Evo is the only way to go, but I wanted to get some more opinions. The HPI R40 looks sweet as well, but I would be happy for people to leave other models for me to investigate.

At the moment, I am heading for the R40... happy to change my mind though.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Kyosho FW-05R

iid have to that, its a sweet looking car, and is very fast on the
track, read some reviews on the cars you are interested in......few
things to consider though

1, parts avalability...wether you can get them in easy??

2, how deep your pockets are to fund the car

3, are you going to race it hard against other top racers, or a general parkinglot bash

nismo

hope this helps

</span>

·
Registered
761 Posts
I dont know much about tourers, but i think the associated ntc3 is surposed to be good... lets see what peedee says since he knows moreabout tourers... yeah im the truck kid

G

·
truck kid!!.....grrr, always had toures, like em more than any other type, though a savage would be nice!!

ive only been into nitro tourers for a little while, but i must say the
kyosho FW-05R is one hell of a fast car when set up, and is supposed to
be a track winner stock!!..imagine a fully worked one...unstopable

nismo

·
Registered
761 Posts
unstopable aye.... wonder if my savage can stop it

ausrc, check out the ntc3 its surposed to be an excellent kit

G

·
yes it is an excelent kit, very good, but its worth doing some
reaserch, a kyosho FW-05R which is a killer out of the box, but needs
an engine all radio gear, ect...

the TC3 RTR is a good car aswell and quite cheap, and the team factory version is a fully hopped machine.....

id go for the kyosho for the looks and perfomance.....

it all comes down to what ausrc picks though

nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Associated has a good rep, but from what I have heard, not so go for initial racers. Very fast, but a little fragile. Hit the wall, break something.

All of the racers at England Park reckon the Kyoshos are unstopable and very tough. They also say that HPI make a tough car, but was not as configurable as the Kyosho. This is based on the Nitro RS4 3's and SS- I think the R40 solves that.

The FW-05R seems to be the best, but is also the cost of an OS 12TR Engine + HPI R40 Chassis.

I will have to check the budget.

Also, the racers all swear by the Kyosho V-One-RR Evolution. I don't know the technicaldifferences between this and the FW-05R.

I am looking at racing it, BTW.

AUSRCEdited by: AUSRC

G

·
well the kyosho FW-05R is shaft drive, and a lot lower than the RR EVO

but is more $$$$ due to being one of the ultimate racers, yes the V-one S and R and RR evo are nice cars, they would be good too

the TC3 is very fast but fragile, kyosho are tough and can take a
beating, but not quite as fast....in the review ive read on the FW-05R
has solved the probs of the TC3 being fragile, but keeping its speed

its up to you matey, if i had to choose one im heading towards the FW-05R

this is the FW-05R

and this is the V-one-RR evo

nismo

G

·
Hey S-25 is that a Schumacher Fusion 12 or whatever it's called? Looks good! I'll agree that the Kyosho looks to be the best shaft drive car out there. Without anything on the chassis the drive layout looks very clean and has a nice upper brace. It looks to be well laid out for a shaft driven car too. BUT, I'll have to say that your best belt driven car is the HPI R40. From others around that race the touring class, and from looking at it, it is a proven winner. If you look at the way that it is laid out too, it is a VERY clean car! Fuel tank is centered, engines in belt drive cars are centered more because they're sideways. The rear camber links are set high to make up for the engine's high center of gravity, battery pack is flat and at the bottom of the chassis in the center, servos are mounted sideways, and it isn't too expensive either! The TC3 stock is more of a fun driver, not a competetive racer unless you are looking at a factory version as Nismospeed said.

G

·
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the Mugen MTX-3
. This car finished 1-2-3-4-5-6 in the recent AustralianNational IC On-road Championships.

I have raced the NTC3before and believe me that car is awsome but very fragile indeed.

I have also driven a HPI R40 around my track and let me tell u straight out of the box set-up is very nice for our track still needed a bit of suspension set-up of course but very driveable.

The Kyosho V-ONE-RREvolution is a very nice car as-well. The car seems to hook up verynicely around our track.

Hope this helps u in buying a competitive TC.

G

·
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the Mugen MTX-3
. This car finished 1-2-3-4-5-6 in the recent AustralianNational IC On-road Championships.

never heard of it..got a link..?

Nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PD,

As Sting said - TC3s are a great car, vey fast, infinite setup options - it is just that they are a little fragile.

If you are an experienced racer, that's not going to crash it, go for it. If you are a newbie - bad choice.

Regards,

AUSRC

1 - 20 of 30 Posts