Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't want tospend more on hop ups cause it will drive crap anyway...so i want a better electric 1/10chassis...and i want more speed...since my tl01 can only do 70-75kph at the moment...so should better chassis' have gearing for more speed? i wanna hit 100kph
is that possible?

yeah i'll sell my tl01...what else would i sell? recommend me a chassis first and i will know wht to sell...

i like to bash...and don't want things to break easily...looking at the tamiya range they all have open motors and gear boxes...do rocks get in? looking at the dust on my tl01 after a run at the netball courts i wouldn't like all that dirt going onto an 'open' chassis...

ermmm...so if i sell my tl01 for around $100...i would only want to spend $200-250 on the new chassis...so...

yeap...thanks for any help guys

Edited by: migoreng

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm guessing you want a shaft drive car as they have closed gear boxes unlike most belt drive cars.

if you are looking at tamiya the your only other choices would be the tt01 which is limited in what you can mod but still better than the tl 01 and the tb02 which is more or less a plastictub evo 3.

G

·
id go with the TB02,

i seen them on ebay cheap aswell,

if your not limited to tamiya, then there is the TC3 which every jim bob has

TT01 better than a TL01??...hmmm never really seen a TT01,

what about the TB01, i heard the motor gets hot , but i also heard that
about the TL01 and mine not get hot, even with a 16t motor in it....and
mig is running brushless in his

Nismo

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heh

but i prefer a new car...to build myself and yeap...

i mostly want 100kph...crazy wide speed ratios...my brushlesswill haveno trouble getting to full speed...yeah my tl01 gets to 70kph pretty quick...but the next chassis i get would be lighter...so i wouldn't mind losing some acceleration for that extra 20-30kph

anyways zoomer hasn't replied yet...hahaha where are you man??? i need your help

Edited by: migoreng

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks nismo for the ebay tb02...hmmmm

but i sitll want to know more...cmon dudes help me by the end of tonight soi can make up my mind to win the chassis or leave it...

lol...

what rank is the tb02 out of the whole tamiya range? can someone list them from greatest to worst chassis? LOL
what is an alu?

and i want to do 100kph or 90kph...is that possible? what gears would i need to buy and how much for it? and how fast is the stock tb02 + ss5800?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyways i have ordered the mercedes tb-02...

hmmm...

hmmm...sooo...help me get it to 100kph

G

·
should still be fast no matter what you do to it mate,

hmmm didnt take long to buy it aye, showed you like an hour ago, now you bought it

ahhaha

thats what you call impolse(spelling??) buying

Nismo

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright then...blah...nah i have searched...and yeah, the tb02 is the car that i want...heh...

$180 for it
wahh what a bargin

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
anyways zoomer hasn't replied yet...hahaha where are you man??? i need your help

Sounds like I'm too late... but looks like can't be too bad a deal. Which auction was it??

Where I've been last 36 hrs...

1) at the track on Sat... broke the BL.

2) spent rest of evening trying to fix it... no success. (First time I've opened it up too, unfortunately. So I have no idea what a 100% working one does.)

3) today sitting in offsite garage for a few hrs with battery charger on 1:1 toy. Whilst waiting had another shot at BL... but no cigar. Then...

4) hey, nice big concrete floor! Ended up spending over an hr doing circles with the TB02... *after* I spent an hour changing the spurgear to lower the gearing and experimenting to get the right spur/pinion combo (wasn't carrying the manual).

5) having some wierd posting problems on this site... ?

TB02 is a nice chassis, a worthy "EvoIII Sport". A few too many disappointing cost-cuts by Tamiya but still a nice base to work off. Most of the EvoIII bits fit...

Gear choice is the biggest miss - you'll soon discover why.

The highest gearing possible with 25 pinion & 55 spur is only 5.72:1 btw so its not even as high as a SpeedTuned TL01.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

so whats the max speed the stock tb02 can go with an ss5800 BL?

would i be able to get more speed? i want at least 85kph...
what gearing would i buy? and i have no idea how to calculate those gear ratios, so can u explain it to me?

·
Registered
596 Posts
for a evo 3 its spur divided by pinion x internal ratio

eg 96t/34t x 2.6 = 7.34

I'm pretty sure the internal ratio of the tb-02 is also 2.6 as well

or you can go here and generate a gear ratio chart and a roll out chart for your car: http://www.rcracing.com/

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can someone do it for me?

tl01 speed tuned gears, 23t and 19t pinion...stock diff...normal size 1/10 26mm foam tyres...hmm yeah...2400mah 7.2v nicd...the motor is 5800rpm/v i think

and for the tb02 too...how do u get the internal drives ratios?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
(d'oh... had typed a big long reply, it error'dand lost the lot... what's going on??)

migoreng said:
and for the tb02 too...how do u get the internal drives ratios?

15toothbevel pinion, 39tooth spur on the axles = 2.6 exactly

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Don't worry about a gear ratio chart, just photocopy the one from the manual when you get it.

TB02 can only use metric Tamiya AV 0.6m gears.

All the available ratios are in the manual. The highest ratio (biggest pinion 25, smallest spur 55) is 5.72:1. hmm... the ratios available to it are same as TB01.

Cannot change to metric 0.4m or Imperial 48dp or 64dp gears - motor mount has 4 fixed motor positions. (I was going to go invent an "equivalency" chart for fitting other gears into those 4 positions but thought ahh stuff it, someone else can do it.
)

·
Registered
596 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR bgColor=#cccccc>
<TD>
<CENTER>Pinion Gear </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>Stock Counter Gear </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>Speed Tuned Counter Gear (29T) </CENTER></TD></TR>
<TR bgColor=#ffffff>
<TD bgColor=#999999>
<CENTER>19T </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>7.96 </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>5.95 </CENTER></TD></TR>
<TR bgColor=#ffffff>
<TD bgColor=#999999>
<CENTER>21T </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>7.20 </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>5.39 </CENTER></TD></TR>
<TR bgColor=#ffffff>
<TD bgColor=#999999>
<CENTER>23T </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>6.57 </CENTER></TD>
<TD>
<CENTER>4.92 </CENTER></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

borrowed from this article on how to do a hoon tl-01Edited by: jiggen5354

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
/me stares at the last 4 posts...

what the?

i've read that article already jiggen thanks for that...ahhh but maybe i will understand more when i get my tb02 and manual...lol

so what class would i race in? i will be selling my futaba esc to nismo...so i will only have my ss5800...

so i will betakingmy tb02 down the track at 70kph...err...i have never raced beforeand i have a tb02 and BL to start off with...lol...great...

heh...Edited by: migoreng

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Best quote ever from article:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

... I once heard another guy ask a racer “How fast can my car go”?

The racer replied, “How much money have you got, speed costs.”

Keep in mind, you’re building a racecar to compete on a track with other racers that have the same thoughts you have….I WANT TO WIN!</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
eff...with the biggest gears in existance for tb02 how fast can i go?

lol...

thats what i want to know

1 - 20 of 53 Posts