Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and Salutations!

Can anyone suggest where can I order parts for the TerrraCrusher? ...anywhere in the world. No LHS seem to stock them here in OZ.

The clutch springs went this weekend and need (errr more like I'm dying for) a replacement.

Would appreciate it if you can share where you get your TC spares.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
I have come across TerraCrusher arms in Melbourne, they probably have the other bits too...

Whereabouts are you?

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Where abouts in this great country are you?

Most LHS's will have some spares, but chances are, they will have to order them in for you which will generally mean 1 -2 weeks at least.

Try www.frontlinehobbies.com.auor www.hobbyco.com.au.

Alternatively, the importers are Toy Traders at Auburn NSW. They will sell direct if you call in. Give Peter (tech support) a ring and tell him your problems - he may be able to suggest a stockist near you.

BTW - I bought my last clutch set from www.towerhobbies.com. Also try www.stormerhobbies.com. If you want them quick, I guess you'll be prepared to pay about US$12 for postage from these sites - normally about 5 work days delivery to Australia.

Cheers,

SteveEdited by: stevo1957

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys.

I ordered the clutch set from towerhobbbies (2 sets to be sure, to be sure
)

Anyway, it is getting a bit frustrating when you can buy all the hop ups just about anywhere but getting the basic parts (which doesn't have a hop up version) is harder to find than a hen's teeth.

Locally (I'm in Brissie), they'll charge you an arm and a leg and have to wait weeks. Oops sorry 'bout the rant.....

Anyway, if there are other places where you can buy spares for the TC (local/overseas) I'd like to hear it.

Better yet, why don't we havea section in ausrc with lists of shops (local and overseas) that stock/sells monster truck hop ups and spare parts. Members can list shops they are happy dealing with.

ie. a list for TC - so and so with comments such as carry basic spare parts, etc. a list for Savage - so and so... carry hop ups and so on.

That way, we can have a quick dossier of shops if anyone ever needs something specific or basic. Also the section can include current specials/sales that readers can take advantage of... a lot of these info will have to be contributed by readers..

PS. I'm not selling out but my son will get a Savage when he's come of age...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stumbled across your discussion.I thought maybe I could let you know some things I figured out on the TCs'.I can't help you find a place to get parts.But I have a T.C. and a TNX and I disassembled both to see their differences.I found that all the tranny gears that are in the TNX are the same as the T.C. less 2 gears and the reverse one ways.The spur clutch and bell are all compatable. Tamiya disscontinued making parts,so if you get stuck on parts there may be a TNX replacement that fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.