Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the message i recieved when i tried to post????

Spamming is not permitted!
You have exceeded the number of posts permitted in the time span.

Please try again later.

Return to the Discussion Forum

I wasn't aware there was a limit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Funny though, i just posted this straight after
Edited by: husky

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Think there's a 120 second timeout between posts... (don't ask).

But have also come across a "bug" where EVERY time it would come up even if it was the 1st post of the day. I wasn't the only one either, some others have got it. That bug lasted about 48hrs then it went away, I don't think anyone did anything about it, just fixed itself.

Seeing that you've managed to post a new topic here, its probably #1.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...... I like those problems that fix themselves

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Guys,

I have the anti spam settings set as follows:

Minimum 1 Minute between posts.
Maximum of 5 posts in 10 minutes.

It is to try and stop people going stupid, and posting ridiculous numbers of posts. I figured by the time someone reads a post, types the reply, etc, a 1 minute setting seemed OK. It is more likely the 5 posts in 10 minutes that is bringing you unstuck.

Based on the fact that we don't have lunatics on the board, I can change it if it is causing grief

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Nah, that sounds about right. Curb some enthusiasm for the resident touch-typists, make ppl think a little before they posteh?

Any idea on that "bug" Chris?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Zoomer,

Unsure, and it is hard for me to replicate as the system will let me do anything as the admin. I am in the process of creating a "mere mortal's" account that I can test with.

I let you know what I find. It could be to do with server times changing, but I will keep digging.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.