Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have had a 2 year break from trucks and looking to get back into it, my question is whats the best nitro truck for 2013. I want something that I can really pound on without fear of breaking it. All suggestions welcome

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Still can't go past the good old Savage.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a very modified savage before, do you know what the difference is between the 4.6 and the k4.6, its been so long I cant remember. There seem to be a few savage ss still on ebay new. Any ideas on the thunder tiger s50?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have no idea, all I know is I treat my Savage X 4.6 like absolute shyte and it just comes back for more :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
In saying that though, if there was an LST2 on offer when I bought my Sav I would have gone the LST2...... I loved my old one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you like better about the losi, I thought the engines in them were not so good?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I never had any problems with my engine, just kept cracking the fuel tank everytime I failed landing double flips lol
I thought the LST2 handled far far better and was easier to work on..... That was pre-savage x though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
biggest thing I don't like on the savage is the chassis layout, it was better once I stretched it but still awkward to work on.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm not sure what the LST2 was replaced with..... I've been out of the game for a little while. Was almost tempted by a Revo once but never touched one.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think he is after a nitro......don't know why myself. :cool:
Because electrics are for boys who want to drive inside without waking their mums up lol (and yes the irony is thick in the air considering I use both lol)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nah.....nitro is for people who loke slow noisey things.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
The Losi' has little to no support in Aust, it was replaced with the XXl a couple of years back, but havent seen much of them for a long while now

Thunder Tiger are pretty much all electric these days, never here much about the nitros apart form the Buggies

The New model Savage runs the bullet proof diffs, and can still be bought with a 4.6, although the SS kits run the 5.9, not my favourite engine

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That's a shame about no Losi support.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thunder Tiger are pretty much all electric these days, never here much about the nitros apart form the Buggies
What about the Thunder Tiger Sledge Hammer $500 shipped in aus.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts