Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
the pvc wheel thing does work, check out www.rcdrift.com

All you need is an old set of rims. take them to a hardware shop and find some PVC tube thats a tight fit around them. use a lil' bit of glue and your done..

Works for touring cars, so it should work for a truck..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doh, i been using

pvc on touring cars for about a month or more now...
Edited by: nismospeed

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
nismospeed said:
doh, i been using
pvc on touring cars for about a month or more now...

ROFLMAO... See Nismo, you've been doing it all wrong, you need to be drifting trucks, not tourers. You young'uns, we'll learn ya eventually.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Can a Savage Drift anyway?????, because savages are top heavy.

wouldnt they just flip

·
Registered
405 Posts
Savage SS said:
Can a Savage Drift anyway?????
SURE! I've done
drifting on in the dirt. I tend to end up looping it around because I'm
not the greatest sideways pilot.

Savage SS said:
because savages are top heavy.wouldnt they just flip
Not if you don't have any traction.
i.e. Plastic tyres.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Been there done that. Try wrapping your truck tyres in cheap packaging tape. It doesn't last too long, but I was bored with it by the time the tape wore through so it worked out ok. The Wet asphalt at BRCCC lets the E-Maxxes drift too. Always good for a laugh. Failing that TRC Park tyres have so little traction you do nothing but drift!

Cheers

Pete Jones

·
Registered
709 Posts
Peter! gota either get up there an get a video or get u to send on to me! heard nothin but good reviews from the boys!.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My trucks out of action at the moment, waiting on a shipment from www.rcboyz.com . I've just come back from Queensland but I've got to go to Tassie on Monday so I probably won't be able to get out this W/E. I'll be at BRCCC this Wedsnesday night though (rain or shine), I'll bring my laptop so I can burn videos for anyone who wants them. I'm dying to get out and have a run but work has just been nuts. Home seems like a stopover!! While I was in Queensland I think I went to nearly every hobby shop in and around Brisbane, didn't find a single thing worth buying!

Hope to catch up with you guys soon

Pete Jones

www.brccc.org

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Too bad Peter... I know what you mean about short notice travel and being away from home.

Hope I can get down on Wednesday.

Back to the topic at hand... I'd be interested in trying drifting with my savvy... it would make it a bit more usable for when I can't get to the off raod places I could just hit a local car park. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for a second set of cheap savvy rims.

·
Registered
709 Posts
hmm, whats the size of the savy wheels?? i should go measure but cant b forked lol. wonder ifanyplumbers pipe will fit? hmmmm... gota try this one out.. anyone know how to DE GLUE tyres??? EASILY!

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
i have used CA glue debonder, but if you used a lot of glue, it might take a while to work in..

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
husky said:
maybe drifters are a good use for the stock rims???? hmmmmmm.......

Yeah but as you know mate, it's important to have the stockers ready to fit at our bashing events... they come in handy for when you strip hex or just want to try back flips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts