• TAO$S Chassis Kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else??

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
nah once a fan always a fan of th Corvette C5-R body, i dont like rally bodies, although like rally cars, Go Subaru, R.I.P Possum

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah not a fan of yank tanks ;)

I have an old and busted TL-01 that had a WRC Impreza body on it
with half the rally stickers on it (I picked it up cheap secondhand) and
already painted blue.

So I have removed the rally stickers (well most of them) and now
looks like a 22B pretty much, but I have some nice white wheels on it
not gold ones (yuk!!) and without the stickers and a bit of a cleanup it
looks reasonably tidy. The body ha no headlight stickers on it, i dont
know what to do about that - but for now i have stuck some silver and
red NOSRAM stickers over the headlights and it looks "ok" but not the
look i was after....

If I can find another one of these bodys new somewhere for a decent
price I will paint it white and make it a "replica" of my own car (as
much as it can be being a 2 door, WRC/22B Shell...)

I am yet to decide what to get for a race body though.

I got the TA04S Chassis kit so it came with no body.

Just need some batteries and a charger and its GO for launch and i
cant wait!

G

·
yes id prefer the TA04 over the TB02, but i like the Nismo body on the 02..

still going to beat you with me TL01 though nigey boy!!

might be going down to the STMCC(correct?) club near hobart, in next 3-4 weeks, should hopefully have TL01 working by then..

Nismo

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you may well do

haha

would be good to see you down here

the stmcc seems to be growing, were two new members there last meet!

G

·
hahaah yes....man, thats if i get me TL01 going..hope so, think ill go
bust out $16 to buy some non tamiya dogbones for the TL01....

ahh and also got some PVC for the car today, gunna go drifting w00t!

Nismo

G

·
I've got a TB-02 Subaru WRC kit, and its just fabulous. The handling is great and I just love shaft driven chassis! If you're on a budget, the TB-02 kit is a real performer and the overall balance of the car (for me) my ole TA04 suffered really bad oversteer out of the box - after a lot of fiddling with the ride, I got it to point straight out of the turns. The TB-02 was great straight out of the box - I do recommend TRF Fluorine shocks though for a stiffer suspension!

Mind you, the TB-02sand TA04sare no where as good asmy TRF 415!

Cheers,

RC Master

(www.rcmaster.net.au)Edited by: rcmaster

·
Registered
23 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I have a TA-04R and I used to have a TT-01 too (although not much of a competetive chassis).

I drove a friend's TB-02 and it handled impressively, but I just cannot understand why he keeps complaining that it understeers. I ask him to drive my TA-04R and he said "hey this has a lot of traction!"

The only factor that affects the TB-02's handling is the placement of the battery, since it is on one side of the chassis, it tends to push the chassis to oversteer on one side, of which where the weight is.

Nonetheless, the TB-02 is a great runner, shaft driven chassis are well suited for the stock class down to 19turns, below 17turns go for belt driven chassis.

Good luck!</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This weight bias is something that is turning me off going for a TRF415 ora Mi2 etc

Unless you get HEAVY radio kit or lots of lead weights there aint much you can do about it....

·
Registered
596 Posts
Dongskie said:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on"><T>
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I have a TA-04R and I used to have a TT-01 too (although not much of a competetive chassis).

I drove a friend's TB-02 and it handled impressively, but I just cannot understand why he keeps complaining that it understeers. I ask him to drive my TA-04R and he said "hey this has a lot of traction!"

The only factor that affects the TB-02's handling is the placement of the battery, since it is on one side of the chassis, it tends to push the chassis to oversteer on one side, of which where the weight is.

Nonetheless, the TB-02 is a great runner, shaft driven chassis are well suited for the stock class down to 19turns, below 17turns go for belt driven chassis.

Good luck!</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

You can put it down to different driving style The tighness of the front and rear ball diffs will also effect the balance fo the car

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
It all boils down to driver's preference... and their intended target.

Tamiya's body+motor kits (you know what I mean) always come with "neutral" handling - which means push & understeer is standard.

Their higher-end kits & TRFs that use TA04 suspension come with the less-castor C-hubs... these give livelier handling.

If you want the same on a b+m kit just add the TA04 Racing Front Suspension option set. Add some rear toe-in too, say 2deg.

Also try running with stiffer front springs &oil; ours are often 1 colour & 10-20wt stiffer in front. (use same shock pistons F&R)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts