Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is whats left of my beloved DX3R :rip:

It was sitting next to my Baja on the ground and my stupid brother jumped on it (Go figure)

What do you guys thing i should do with it???
All of its internals work perfectly, and was wondering if its worth selling for parts or...?
Ive already ordered a new 4PKS:whoo:so whatever happens to this old girl im sure i can deal with :p
Any ideas??

Here are some pictures... Feel free to laugh (He paid the replacement cost :p )

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Jumped on it or stepped on it?

Glue it back together and use it as a spare or for another RC project. No point tossing it out.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yeah, I'd just glue it back together, some epoxy or jb weld or something like those should the the job just fine.
CA might be a bit too brittle and messy.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Contact Tim at OMP ( oriellys model products ) in south australia and get a quote for a new casing, then send it to them by post $9.

They will replace the case, run a test and then post it back to you in less than a week, perfect spare radio and you may be suprised at the price of repairing it, know some one that has done the same thing

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Contact Tim at OMP ( oriellys model products ) in south australia and get a quote for a new casing, then send it to them by post $9.

They will replace the case, run a test and then post it back to you in less than a week, perfect spare radio and you may be suprised at the price of repairing it, know some one that has done the same thing
Good idea then sell it to me and Ill buy it!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I'll buy your dsm2 receivers off you

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Being a DX3r...now discontinued and replaced by the DX3r Pro, a new case might not be available, but as Savage Sam suggested, give Tim at OMP a call and see what he has available.

Me...I am a tight ass, I would be stripping it down and doing a glue job on it, they are a relatively easy strip down, use an epoxy like Araldite 5 minute, allow it to set overnight and then reassemble.
You can also get a larger grip for the rear of the handle, it will cover most of the join at the rear.

·
Registered
582 Posts
if it still works im very interested shoot me a pm

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks fot the offers guys, but I think ill opt for a repair instead :)

How much do you think Tim at OMP will repair it for? Ive sent them a contact request and await their response

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
I would actually ring him if you can.

(08) 8186 0899

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Savagesam and Towie!!!

All is set for the replacement case to be shipped down and to re case her

Cheers for the help everyone!!

I would actually ring him if you can.

(08) 8186 0899

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
May I ask how much it's going to cost?

Sent from my SGS2 via TapaTalk 2.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Itll cost 25$ for the case, 10$ shipping.

It was going to be 35$ for labor but I can do it myself :)

May I ask how much it's going to cost?

Sent from my SGS2 via TapaTalk 2.

·
Registered
419 Posts
See im not just a not so pretty face .... lmao

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Itll cost 25$ for the case, 10$ shipping.

It was going to be 35$ for labor but I can do it myself :)

See I keep telling everyone the RC is a hands on hobby...here is a perfect example of that....Good on you for doing the repair your self.

See im not just a not so pretty face .... lmao
Hi Sam...who's been telling you that....lol...Just jokes buddy, couldnt resist when you left the door open like that, thanks for helping.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
The one think I always loved about rc was the modification part, just 2 days ago I spent the afternoon wipping up a custom one peice engine mount plate that's extended further towards the front of the Baja to fit up my hydro brake master cylinder, did my head in for a few hours, does not look a million but it does the job and I'm happy with it ha!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol, true that... I could almost sense the dissapointment in the guys voice over the phone when i told him i could just swith the cases myself!

The whole reason i got into RC was because i love tearing stuff down and fixing things, why... right now I have a 30.5cc headkit comming from DDM to replace my blown stock 23cc engine... This is gonna be good =D

The one think I always loved about rc was the modification part, just 2 days ago I spent the afternoon wipping up a custom one peice engine mount plate that's extended further towards the front of the Baja to fit up my hydro brake master cylinder, did my head in for a few hours, does not look a million but it does the job and I'm happy with it ha!

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
I would have offered to do the change-over for you, but figured the postage here and back would have blown the budget on the repair..

These days I am enjoying the build more than the drive....so much so, when I had a customer wanting to get a new Baja, I suggested a 5B SS, and told him of the huge feeling of accomplishment thet first time yoou fire it up after assembling one of these from scratch....he offered to let me build it for him....How cool is that, here have a SS to build...yee haa....

You should be able to see me doing the little Hula dance while waving my arms, I got an SS to build do da, do da, I got an SS to build this week-end oh doo da day...lol, I should have it today.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts