Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of these monsters should i buy?

I guess i can get the Savage 25 from tower then put a picco 26 in it.

Or should i get the Savage 26 here is AUS, which already comes with the picco 26 but they are around the $1100 mark, anyone know anywhere cheaper

eg.. This one from radio models

[url]http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Resp.cgi?1.IL&mt=na&am p;re=h&nt=dynamic&ta=hpi846_detail::hpi,d:hpi846.txt ,p:,s:,i:hpi846.jpg,t:th_hpi846.gif&ip={mt=da&it=n&a mp;ap=radio&co=catdetail&us=1078714500-7&kn=cat. cat-land-204-7-311-002[/url]&}

·
Registered
472 Posts
as far as i know he is the only guy in aus with the savage 26...it would prob be cheaper to jus order a savvy 25 and a picco.26 from tower and express ship em..then take the s25 straight out and throw it on Ebay get about 2/3 money back u spent on the .26

·
Registered
761 Posts
Id go with the SS/RTR .25 since im pretty sure the Picco Savage that is sold in australia is just a savage .21 with a picco in it, which also happens to have the crapper things on it such as the fuel tank, old shock springs, and whatever else that was updated on the RTR .25

·
Registered
56 Posts
As far as i know there is'nt any difference between the ss .21 and the ss.25 (besides the engine).

As far asStars comment/s on the 'crapper things' i can assure you there is nothing 'crap' about a Savage SS, sure the fuel tank has a primer and front pick up, so what! Mine works fine even upside down!!! Updated springs???? How do you update a bit of curled up wire??? They're either soft or hard (and anything in between).

Remember the ss comes withheavy dutydog bones (among other things), you put a PICCO .26 in your standardRTR .25 with, dare i say, 'crapper' plastic exhaust and S25 dog bonesthen see how long they last!!!

The ss is better suited for the PICCOout of the box than the S25. But if you're a beginer the S25 will be great for you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Weaponx said:
As far as i know there is'nt any difference between the ss .21 and the ss.25 (besides the engine).

As far asStars comment/s on the 'crapper things' i can assure you there is nothing 'crap' about a Savage SS, sure the fuel tank has a primer and front pick up, so what! Mine works fine even upside down!!! Updated springs???? How do you update a bit of curled up wire??? They're either soft or hard (and anything in between).

Ok i mustnt have been clear enough, i said crapper things ON THE RTR .21 SAVAGE not the savage SS

The RTR .25 has

Black Firm Springs Compared To Red MediumOnThe .21
3Shoe ClutchCompared To2 Shoe in the .21/SS
.25 Engine over .21
Rumoured Updated Gearbox/Tranny
No Primer Fuel Tank
Revised Wheel Hex Hubs

The only better things the SS has is Ribbed Pipe and Heavy Duty Silver Dogbones, it also has the same firm springs as the 25 rtr except their purple.

So WeaponX I see your rather wrong in your comment about how the savage .21 and savage .25 rtr are the same except for the engine.
See this chart for an easy comparison of the Savage 25 to the Savage 21 and Savage SS!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD>RTR Savage 21</TD>
<TD>RTR Savage 25</TD>
<TD>Savage SS</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Engine</TD>
<TD>21BB</TD>
<TD>Nitro Star S-25</TD>
<TD>Nitro Star S-25</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Tuned Pipe</TD>
<TD>composite</TD>
<TD>composite</TD>
<TD>Polished Aluminum, Ribbed</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Starting System</TD>
<TD>Manual Pullstart</TD>
<TD>Roto Start System</TD>
<TD>Manual Pullstart</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Spur Gear</TD>
<TD>52T</TD>
<TD>49T</TD>
<TD>49T</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Clutch Bell</TD>
<TD>14T</TD>
<TD>15T or 18T</TD>
<TD>15T or 18T</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Clutch Type</TD>
<TD>Two Shoe</TD>
<TD>Three Shoe</TD>
<TD>Two Shoe</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Shock Springs</TD>
<TD>Red Medium</TD>
<TD>Black Firm</TD>
<TD>Purple Firm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Fuel Tank</TD>
<TD>with primer, front pick-up</TD>
<TD>without primer, rear pick-up</TD>
<TD>with primer, front pick-up</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Body</TD>
<TD>Black-Silver-Purple</TD>
<TD>Red-Black-Silver-Gray</TD>
<TD>supplied clear</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Dogbones</TD>
<TD>updated standard</TD>
<TD>updated standard</TD>
<TD>Heavy Duty Silver (#86134)</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
56 Posts
My comment isnt wrong if you read my post you will see that i wastalking about the .21 SS and the .25 SS. You're talking about the .21 rtr.

The PICCO motored savage that is sold in Australia is a .25 SS, i know cos i have one. Its not a rebadged .21 as suggested by star. The ss also has adjustable upper arms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts