Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to RC and i am about to purchase a Savage 25 rtr. Im just wondering what parts are you guys most commonly replacing onyour savage. I presume youguys jump and bash them pretty hard, I certainly intend to. I would like to have spares and not be waiting on parts to arrive from america. Any info would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Welcome mate, when you get your beast youll have to come out for a bash

The spares i carry are

Diff cases

13t pinion

43t Crown wheel

Bevel gear set

cross pins

spur gears

plenty of screws

second speed gear

dogbones and cups

Basically a spare drive train

·
Registered
405 Posts
The only parts I've needed were a couple of 13 tooth bevels gears, a
few plastic spur gears before the RR steel spur, and my front and rear
skid plates. Other than the typical missing screw nothing much else has
broken for me.

Jerrah

·
Registered
660 Posts
spur gears spur gears spur gears

wheel nuts

slipper pads

dogbones

and some screws the screws that i lose are mostly M4x 10mm

husky u carry a lot of stuff

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Savage SS said:
husky u carry a lot of stuff

Thats only about a quarter of it!!!! Those are the only parts i hace had to replace. I carry heaps more than that in case stuff breaks, i dont want to have to pay LHS prices when i can get them for 1/3 the price if i order ahead

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. This is the first time ive been here and i have found alot of good info, keep up the good work. Cheers

·
Registered
761 Posts
Fuel tanks are a must to keep spares of. Even if you have two tanks running at the same time like i do, you never want to run off a header tank as it is the most annoying thing to fill up without the stock tank.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I haven't broken a fuel tank yet?
I've taken chunks out of it - but never broken.

How many have you broken?

Jerrah.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Ive busted the original one from the flex in the shock tower. I now have the new 25 tank and there is a slope so the tank cant be cracked by the tower. This tank should last forever

Oh, and get some spare wheel nuts, the nylon seal wears out and allows the nut to come loose easier.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
whats the deal with the left and right being different colour nuts?.. silver and black?.. does it really make a difference?

·
Registered
660 Posts
the silver nuts, and shalfshave a anticlockwise thread meaning the silver nuts tighten unticlockwise and loosen clockwise and the black nuts are a normal thread

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
its supposed to stop them coming loose, but its B.S, The rearleft on mine and others at the track always come loose

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yeah its always my rear left that seems to come undone.. maybe we should all just buy the normal threaded shaft and wheel nut... and keep the others as spares.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i dunno why use all keep spur gears handy...i even ripped the engine mount off my engine and the engine fell out and i still have the same spur and clutchbell..by the sounds of it you need to take more time setting gear mesh...if set corecly you should never kill a spur

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
JoNo-vs-SAVAGE said:
i dunno why use all keep spur gears handy...i even ripped the engine mount off my engine and the engine fell out and i still have the same spur and clutchbell..by the sounds of it you need to take more time setting gear mesh...if set corecly you should never kill a spur

Mmmmm.... that's fine in theory, but I'm not sure the facts support your argument. I've also seen people who know how to set the mesh correctly chew out a spur gear. In the scale of things... I think it's a good thing to have a spare.

·
Registered
660 Posts
spur gears you can never have to many spur gears, maybe you have just been lucky it will strip in time

·
Registered
660 Posts
husky said:
Theres nothing worse than not being able to run because of a $4 spur gear
more like 12.50, but i know the feeling

1 - 20 of 44 Posts