Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading the forums I see a lot of of interesting member names and I was just wondering why you chose your member name or tag, what significance it has and what it means or stands for?

Well, I'll tell you how I got my member name, my member name is Skidd and it's probably not based on what first comes to mind, although I do ride motorcycles. ;)

I joined the Army in 1979 as a teenager and discharged in 1995 and this nickname goes back to those Army days, when I was first promoted to the rank of Corporal in 1983, the Platoon Commander was introducing us to our new troops. He said, "These are your section commanders... Corporals Kidd and Edwards" and of course "...Corporals Kidd" sounded like "Corporal Skidd" hence Skidd. Took me several weeks to find out why all these newbies were calling me Corporal Skidd, I thought the Platoon Sergeant was playing a joke on me with them and winding me up. This was back in the days before Army uniforms had names on them.

Skidd has stuck as a nickname ever since, been 26 years now.

So, how did you choose your member name?

·
Registered
660 Posts
you can remember back in 1979 i cant remember what i did last week
. The reason i choose Savage SS is because at the time I was looking to buy a Savage SS and none was in stock for months. I still believe i was getting a SS that is y my name is Savage SS. I think i should change my to " I let Skidd bet me at Kilsyth"

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
AUSRC - I dunno......

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AUSRC said:
AUSRC - I dunno......

OK let me have a guess

Arts Undergraduate Society ofRagin' Cajun's (pretentious people who like hot food)

Automated Uncoupling System for Race Cars (designer of vehicle mounted ejection seats)

Are yoU Serious ResearchCentre (Australian Academy of Jokes

Are we getting close??

·
Registered
332 Posts
lol i love mi goreng!

it attracts all the chicks...hahahaha

nah one daya yearagoi just thought let make my nick migoreng...

and I Got The Need For Speed

·
Registered
439 Posts
what is mi goreng??

AZENIS is the name of the tyres i have on my wrx, they are bl00dy
good too

Had been using other names and one night the brother in law came
over for a LAN and I needed a name for in a game and i looked out
the window and saw the name on the tyres on the car out the window
and thought AZENIS sounds cool
and been using it everywhere
since then

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
azenis said:
what is mi goreng??

AZENIS is the name of the tyres i have on my wrx, they are bl00dy
good too

Had been using other names and one night the brother in law came
over for a LAN and I needed a name for in a game and i looked out
the window and saw the name on the tyres on the car out the window
and thought AZENIS sounds cool
and been using it everywhere
since then

Ahhh... see that's what I'm talking about!! There's no way I would have picked where that name came from.

And even after migoreng explaining his... I still have no clue.

G

·
Mi goreng is like fried rice or noodles or something in a packet...

seen it on his display pic on MSN..

hmmm

Nismo= first Rc was a nismo clarion R33 or maybe R34

Speed= i thought it was so fast when i got it..

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ahh
We sometimes make a dish called Nashi Goreng which is Indonesian
with rice and mince and peanuts amongst others, sort of a satay,
might be a similar thing

I once worked with a guy who went by the name of Spot. Noone
knew why, buy it ended out at a scout or school camp as kids his
torch made the biggest spot of light and that is where his name from!

I like the Skidd one again who would have guessed that one

·
Registered
596 Posts
jiggen5354. 2 parts to this

jiggen

dates back to highschool cooking class. had a indian relief teacher who could not say chicken. now used for msn, net and other stuff

when the numbers are said in cantonese it sounds like a phrase most hong kong parents will say atleast once a day. it means up to no good/ to mess around. was added on to jiggen cos jiggen was taken on msn already

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
azenis said:
I once worked with a guy who went by the name of Spot. Noone
knew why, buy it ended out at a scout or school camp as kids his
torch made the biggest spot of light and that is where his name from!

LOL... that will be funny at his 60th birthday party when all his old mates still call him Spot.

I like the Skidd one again who would have guessed that one

Yeah... not what most expect, the missus and I are at odds over my personalised plate for my car. I ordered the custom plate "SKIDD" and when it finally turned up she said it should go on her car... I'm like "Why do you think that?"

She says "Well since we got married I am the true SKIDD... Sue Kidd, S. Kidd... you are Andrew Kidd... A. Kidd so of course the SKIDD plate should go on my car."

I just laughed and ordered her the KIDDS plate... for Kidd, Sue... very ex army of me and it really annoyed her 'cos I won't give up my SKIDD plate.

Now that I think about it... annoying her was actually a nice bonus.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I love my Husqvarna WR250 dirt bike so i named one of my lizards husky and i liked it. Since im not the creative type it is now also my screen name
. Not quite as detailed or interestingas skidd

·
Registered
709 Posts
foolsp33d?!--dur i dunno........... coulda put Beef sopze... but that WOULD have ALL of you thinkin then

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
foolSp33d said:
foolsp33d?!--dur i dunno........... coulda put Beef sopze... but that WOULD have ALL of you thinkin then

See now here is a good one... what I didn't pick until I met you face to face and you told me your user name... it's pronounced "Full Speed", see I didn't get that and probably wouldn't have if you didn't tell me.

I never did say I was smart.

·
Registered
709 Posts
weird! i dun get 1337 either skidd.

ah theres a light pic of the savy in the photos to skidd..

i might not b bashin next meet, but will show an camera or flip, wateva.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
husky said:
foolSp33d said:
weird! i dun get 1337 either skidd.

I dont get this computer talk
. I only just figured out what LMAO means
<DT>I Reply Merely For Information (IRMFI)... just remember that just as There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL) also, There Ain't No Such Thing As A Stupid Question (TANSTAASQ)</DT>

Well popsie girdle... For What it's Worth (FWIW) and As Far As I Know (AFAIK) there will never be a complete list because As We Speak (AWS)it isevolving but, In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) There Oughta Be A Law (TOBAL) against Too Much Information (TMI) now you can tell me to Talk To The Hand (TTTH) but as As I Said Before (AISB) and as Any Fool Can Plainly See (AFCPS) this isallIn My Not So Considered Opinion (IMNSCO).

The easy answer is to give the Three Fingered Salute ((TFS)a Ctrl-Alt-Del))to this problem, oh and By The Way (BTW),your Excessive Cross Posting (ECP) is a distinct indication that Blah blah blah..
<DT>This Is Where The Goofy Little Grin Goes (TIWTGLGG)</DT>

See what happens when you hang in internet forums for too long

1 - 20 of 451 Posts