Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AM Pistol Grip Radio

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what type of radio are being used by the AUSRC community. Me, I use a KO Vantage Esprit II. Its a FM stick radio for those who don't know and the manual is over 5mm thick

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Futaba 3PDF FM Pistol Grip.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yup AM pistol. stock savage radio soon to be XS3S if money permitts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My addiction to nintendo in my early years makes me useless with pistol grip. stick radios have a more familiar shape for my liking

·
Registered
709 Posts
I is also 3PDF FM Pistol Grip.... is tops huh AUS. u have to dbl side ya foam on? needs more mem. chanels but! or do we need less cars?!

Edited by: foolSp33d

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
i have the JR XS3 40mhz FM.. i use it on both my Nitro 4Tec Pro, and my Nitro Rustler.

U can get them super cheap for $139usd, at rcsquare.com
.. Edited by: Oblivion

·
Registered
410 Posts
Is 40mhz legal here in comps?

I wanted to get the JR XS3 but I really am a Futaba fan and was thinking 3PM FS (not released yet in USA) and if $$ allows 3PM.

Edited by: milknbutter

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
yes 40mhz is legal here, but i have heard its not legal in usa.

i got my XS3 here in Adelaide.Edited by: Oblivion

·
Registered
168 Posts
Futaba 3PM Fm, not bad actually, very natural to hold.

But i must say i was a nintendo boy myself and am veryuse to the stick style, but unfortunetly there isnt much good 3 channel fm sticks around in the lhs...

·
Registered
472 Posts
im jus using a airtronics blazer AM pistol..cheap as chips and has all the features id ever use.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RudeSavage said:
Futaba 3PM Fm, not bad actually, very natural to hold.

But i must say i was a nintendo boy myself and am veryuse to the stick style, but unfortunetly there isnt much good 3 channel fm sticks around in the lhs...

There are 2 decent stick fm radios that i know. the KO vantage esprit II which is equivalent to the KO mars R and the Sanwa/airtronics Super exzes which is a stick form of the M8. most hobby shops can get these in for you. I had ryper hobbies order in the ko for me and it cost me too.

There are 2 other stick fm radios that i know of.they are the futaba 3VC which i know nothing about but can't be too bad being futaba, and the hitec ranger III FM which is extremely basic. ie analogue trims ,3 chanel and no other features. that and it a hitec unit so i won't touch it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the xs 3 is popular fm for club racing. at precc atleast half the drivers are using the xs3. the next most popular radio would be the ko helio and then the futaba 3pk. aside from me there are 2 others that use the ko vantage esprit. its kind of cheap looking and most people freak when i tell em they go for 500 aussie

·
Registered
410 Posts
Is that a 1970's model? Ergonomics would be woeful with those square edges, innit?

MnB

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its a current model. ergonomics is fine. there a finger stands on the back for you to rest your fingers. Its a bit on the heavy side but otherwise good. Its also easy on batteries as well. if you go duracells you can go 4 nights of racing easy. I had a sanwa mx3 and duracell would only last one night of racing. I use energiser 1850's nimh cells now anyway so power comsumtion isn't too much of a problem now

·
Registered
335 Posts
futaba megatech 2pl, bought it yesterday, am but still with all the features......

1 - 20 of 49 Posts