Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellas,
i got this control today, i got the transmitter and the reciever for $300.
QUESTION TIME:

1) did i get ripped?
2) he had no 3 channel recievers, so he gave me a 6 channel one, will it still work?
3) will it be a nice transmitter for my HPI Baja 5b 2.0?

thank you!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
1 yes
2 no
3 yes if the above answers where no and yes

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
3PKs is an older radio these days, but still a good unit when working properly, little bulky for my liking.

Have you been ripped...only if you feel you didnt get what you expected to receive

I am not 100% sure that the 6 channel rx's work with the 3PKs, but there are some aftermarket ones that may work

·
Registered
827 Posts
Probably paid a little to much but it all depends on he condition of it. The 3pk are a great radio I have a few mates that use them for speed runs & have along range.

With your answer on a 6 channel try it plug a couple of sevos 1,2,3 and see if they work don't forget the power.

I think it may.

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought both of them brand new from a local hobby shop, and the guy told me if 6ch doesnt work, he has ordered some 3 channel ones, so i guess that can be sorted easily!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Now you need a kill switch or pico. I buy mine from Kingrc Aust as he sells them with direct power harness. This means your servos get the full power from the battery. It doesnt run thru the rx first.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
So do i just go and ask for a Kill switch for a Baja 5b 2.0?
I don't think it really matters on the model. Just say you want a kill switch for a 1/5 petrol truck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Kill Switch...also known as a Pico Switch, and several other names.

There are many brands on the market, and all come with varying alternatives and extras.

The idea of the switch is to prevent your engine running on in an emergency situation.

The switch wil Kill the engine if any of the following happen, loss of battery power, loss of signal from the radio, or you can in many cases, just turn it off and the engine will shut down

Failsafes are great for smaller models, but with the size and weight of a Baja or similar 1/5 model, most of us take the extra precaution and fit a Pico style switch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my transmitter comes with a fail safe. Do I still need a kill switch? And also, I read the manual of the transmitter, and it says commerical AA batteries are bad? Because I bought 8 expensive AA BATTERIES for 40 bucks, are they safe to use.in the transmitter?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
So my transmitter comes with a fail safe. Do I still need a kill switch? And also, I read the manual of the transmitter, and it says commerical AA batteries are bad? Because I bought 8 expensive AA BATTERIES for 40 bucks, are they safe to use.in the transmitter?
Do pay attention, there will be a test later. :D
Kill Switch...also known as a Pico Switch, and several other names.

There are many brands on the market, and all come with varying alternatives and extras.

The idea of the switch is to prevent your engine running on in an emergency situation.

The switch wil Kill the engine if any of the following happen, loss of battery power, loss of signal from the radio, or you can in many cases, just turn it off and the engine will shut down

Failsafes are great for smaller models, but with the size and weight of a Baja or similar 1/5 model, most of us take the extra precaution and fit a Pico style switch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
noob question, doesnt the baja 2.0 have a kill switch on it already? or is this a whole different thingg?

·
Registered
827 Posts
No it doesn't u need to install this on your receiver box on to your receiver channel 3 & set your radio to make it kill the motor by remote.

U have a fail safe on your radio.

I think this has been mentioned up a few posts being a noob is where you learn,

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay i just ordered the killer bee one, along with shock covers, engine cover, pre filter for the air filter, now my biggest concern in the batteries in the transmitter, i need help if i should order a pack, or keep these brand new energizer ones, which cost me a fortune?! does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
noob question, doesnt the baja 2.0 have a kill switch on it already? or is this a whole different thingg?
The Red switch on the motor is an engine kill switch, but it has a small problem attached, unless you can reach it, you cant use it, the Kill Switch (Pico) is an electronic device fitted inside the radio box, it does the same job as the red switch, but is controlled from the radio/radio box.

I see you have already ordered a good quality Killer Bee, they are easy to instal, and very good reliable switch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts