Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im ordering my new savage rtr this week from tower and i will have a bit of cash left over to buy some extra goodies for it. I was gonna ask ppls opinions on what i should purchase.

Motor saver air filter, fail safe, temp monitor are on my list.

What type of wheels are yours AUSRC, they look insane :D

i was thinking of getting the rc trix full aluminium suspension? is this any good?

Any sudgestions welcome.

Thanks,

James.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The things you have mentioned will be very useful. I would also recommend an alloy brake hub (doesn't matter how fast it goes - it's how fast it stops that counts!), perhaps a dual disk conversion? A stronger servo saver is a good move as is the throttle/brake linkage conversion from mrrc. www.rckenon.com offer a great set of staino bash plates for US $39.99 - I have a set and they're very nice. Alloy suspension is a matter of preference - some would say in a crash they transmit the force to the next weakest point (bulkheads?). Having said that I have fitted alloy arms to my savage. Chassis braces are a great move - integy make a good set that bolts to the side of the chassis - try www.rczonecentral.com to view these. A 6 volt hump pack is also a good move and the list just goes on! Fix the brakes first and fit that fail safe - make sure the throttle return spng wwill work if the throttle arm becomes dislodged - at least that way you can pay for hop ups and not crash repairs, keep some money in the slush fund - oh - and have fun too!

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Well jjjrules,

If you have time to be surfing the forum, it's obvious that the breakin is totally complete.

AUSRC and the rest of the forum members would probably like to see some of those photos you sent me with the hop ups you describe.

By the way guys, Rob has triple somersaulted his Savage forward yet again...........on the tar...........but this time only bent the roll cage. The braces that we made as well as the GPM's that we brought obviously do work!!

Cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
James,

Firstly you should check out this thread:

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=152&PN=1

It has a lot of the "make the thing stonger" mods.

I think jjjrules has the most experience in chassis strengthening from what I understand.

As for my wheels and tyres - the wheels are Proline 40 Series Velocity 6. The tyres are Proline Big Joes (which are only available in 40 Series). "40 Series" means that they are significantly wider than the other Proline madeTmaxx stylewheels. They also have an offset which makes the track of the truck wider.

The only other comment I would make is that I personally only recommend alloy in places that require ridgidity... Diff Housings and Bulk heads for example. Maybe a centre skid. Nylon parts have give, alloy doesn't - if if bends it doesn't bend back, and that is only if it doesn't snap. Front and rear skids, bumpers, body posts, etc - pain in the bum. You would be forever straightening them, andcringing every time you scratch them.

That's my to bits worth.

AUSRC

·
Registered
686 Posts
I agree with Ausrc re the alloy vs plastic. I have used the alloy arms for the horn factor only (and it does look horn!) but the proof is in the pud and if we both crashed I reckon I'd be the one with the most pieces if you catch my drift. I'm only an expert in breaking things by the way - which means 2 things - 1: I have experience with strengthening things, and 2: I'm not real good at it! As far as Steve is concerned - I have dragged myself away from the break-in to help a fellow "big kid" in need. As for Rob - get the guy off the tar - he's an accident waiting to happen - btw - did I tell you about Truckzilla?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
JJJ,

Do you have first hand experience with Truckzilla?

If so - do tell... maybe start a new thread on it...

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have just bought a Truckzilla kit from the US so I'll post some pics when it turns up. If I can resist the temptation I would like to run the .25 properly first (I'm still running it in) and then convert to Truckzilla. That way I could give a better insight into the difference the kit makes.Would anyone like toget a sweep going on how long it takes before I install the kit? (Steve - you are exempt from the sweep cause you know me too well!)

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
jjjrules,

When it arrives, I would love for you to do a pictorial review on it. Front pages news for AUSRC.COM. I think we could safely say it would be the first AUSSIE REVIEW of the product.

Thanks,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
You and Steve must be like the Odd Couple.... I have never seen a man take sooooooo llllooooonnnnnnggggg to break in an engine as Steve, and by the sounds of it you are the very extreme opposite.

Regards,

AUSRC

P.S. Note for the mods - if you don't like that fact that this is the second time tonight I have taken a thread of topic.... read the words under my Avatar.....

And if anyone else does it - MOD 'EM.......
Edited by: AUSRC

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
John who?...........do I know you?

Knowing you as I do, I'll give you 5 minutes after the parcel arrives to start putting it together!!...........unless of course you can take something to suppress thetruckzilla cravings that I'm sure you're experiencing!!

Cheers,

Steve

(PS - AUSRC - I'll try and catch you again tomorrow - Telstra must have had a prodfitable day due to our little game of phone tag today!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts