Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
I like the idea of a twin motor truck... but I'm not sure I have the skill or capability to back my desire up.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yeh i wouldnt mind 1 but just think. twice the engines, twice the cost of fuel, twice the tuning hassles.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
i think its for those who want bragging rights, and like to get into a "pissing contest" about whos truckis bigger or better..

it would be a lot heavier and therefore have even worse handling, not to mention twice the maintenance costs, fuel costs, tuning hassles, and twice the engine replacement costs when the engines die..

but just for interests sake, heres some more info on the beast.. i think itll be pretty strong, considering the kyosho mad force was the first MT withthe strongvertical plate design..

i just LOVE those motorbike style "can" mufflers, they are gutsy !!

Kyosho Giga Crusher
- Dual GS .26 O.S. engines (also available with one engine)
- Kit (requires assembly)
- 3-speed transmission
- Independent double wishbone suspension
- 8 oil-filled shocks
- Full Length: 534mm
- Full Width: 425mm
- Full Height: 280mm
- Total Weight: 6,300g (Dual engine) 5,700g (Single engine)
- Wheel Base: 350mm
- Tread: 325mm (F,R)
- Tire: 160x100mm (F.R)
- Gear Ratio: 25.36, 19.52, 15.44:1
- 3mm aluminum main plate chassis with side plates for strength
- Die cast brake caliper
- Separate sealed boxes for radio gear and receiver pack
- Air scoop contains new air filter design to protect both engines
- Engines are centered so the truck has a extremely balanced neutral feel.

Edited by: Oblivion

G

·
I love that exhaust set up, the picture above with the smoke coming out the rear looks great. I also like the idea of the 3 speed tranny. Does anyone know what its worth ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think I posted something about these a while ago, not sure if it was on this site though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
the full functional air scoop for thecarbs look a treat too, though i wonder if they will work as well as the tried and tested motor saver air filters

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
jiggen5354 said:
the full functional air scoop for thecarbs look a treat too, though i wonder if they will work as well as the tried and tested motor saver air filters

I actually think this is what gives it a great look... I love that ram air style hood.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Can't u guys remember anything i did a big write up about this when kyosho first released details.See finny your right on the money

Dam it looks nice i would only have 1 motor if i bought it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
looks awesome, i think most of the time you would just run 1 engine though, but if you wanted more power you could just start up the other

·
Registered
410 Posts
Someone should release a single block compact twin cylinder engine for
nitro cars/ trucks. Only then the idea of 2 piston layout
will take off. Less weight, more robust, less tuning, stiffer crank, cheaper cost,
hell if I had the $$$ I would fund it and become a millionaire in 48
hours.

Screw the Sirio when you can have a twin cyl 25 for a smililar price.

MnB

Edited by: milknbutter

·
Registered
596 Posts
Skidd said:
jiggen5354 said:

I actually think this is what gives it a great look... I love that ram air style hood.

I reckon the scoop will become popular as a add on all other nitro car, truck and buggys. one of the ports for the 2 carbs would have to be blocked off though

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was reading about the Twin Titan in the September 2003 issue of RCCA and they said that running one engine at a time was killing the clutch.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Many Thanks for bringing this beast to my attention !!

I have Just ordered It !!

Watch this space, I will keep you informed

1 - 20 of 32 Posts