Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

The Hummer has bit the dust. The truck is running sweet - the picco gets better by the day... the body however is in trouble.

I think a Proline F350 Extended is in order......

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
ahhh i do think you killed it mate......

dosent that just piss you off!!?

Nismo

PS, get a better shell.......make a roll cage..wahahaha

·
Registered
761 Posts
zoomer said:
Nothing that SHOEGOO can't fix!!

I'm afraid ive tried that already but used fiberglass it took my dad like 40 minutes to get it right and it still broke in a few days. These bodies break and then replace and once in a while itll actually be repairable.

Sorry to see the hummer is gone, keep the body though itll remind you of how cool it looked

Id go for the Pro-Line Toyota Landcruiser. That is one sweet body.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Fibreglass??! Umm, you're not repairing a canoe..
FG resin wouldn't stick well to lexan & paint, it sticks only to itself & glass mesh.

ShoeGoo is a lot better at sticking to lexan & paint.

AUSRC:- On closer inspection... was that a crack that grew up from the wheelwell?

Could have been a overcut or a sharp corner leftover from when you first cut out the shell. These sharp corners will promote cracking in lexan - I try avoid all corners in cutting as much as possible. Easy to round them off with a reamer or Dremel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like your tyres AUSRC Are they BIG JOES?? Where'd you get em and how much for wheels and tyres??

PS Sorry about the hummer body, but have to agree with PeeDee- tape er up and keep on bashing!!!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weaponx,

Yep, Big Joes on Velocity 6 40 Series Wheels - I luv em....

I got them from Tower - $29US a pair for the tyres, $19US a pair for the wheels (from memory).

They are also available from RCXShop in Hong Kong for about the same price. Have never seen them locally.

As for the Hummer - it will get patched.. that said, I havea Proline F150 that should be here later this week. What colour will I paint it........

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
ahhaha damn i dislike utes.....

go a rerally dark blue..so dark it looks black...

and hardly any decals, just the light etc..

Nismo

·
Registered
158 Posts
personally i like the body u got ausrc
i like the h2 better but aparently makes tuning harder, i also like the ford trucks BUILT FORD TOUGH as well atomikrc bods are cool sweet paint job and good bodies, AUSRC should try one of theses colours www.spazstix.com metallic glow inthe dark colour change they got everything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts