Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have had two 1/8 buggies so far. I used to own an OFNA Hyper 7 Pro and now have a GV Rex-X for bashing.

Hyper 7 Pro - Truly awesome!! I bought mine new and added an OFNA Hyper 21 8 port and it really was an awesome buggy. I ended up having to replace the carbon shock towers as they did not hold up to the abuse, but the new 7075 5mm thick ones took it all!! (as expected of 5mm 7075).

I was very pleased withhh the build of the OFNA and being the Pro model it had some great factory Hop Ups such as the centre Torsen Diff.

I sat in my freinds car one day and chased the buggy down the street and clocked it at 80kph!! Not bad for a single speed.

I think I will get a Kyosho soon though, I really want ot try a Kanai withhh either an RB WS7 II or maybe the new OS RG engine.

My GV Rex-X is actually very good for the money. I actually gave it to my Dad to have some fun withh and it is holding up very well!!

We have actually just done a custom engine transplant and fitted a spare S-25 from a Savage into it. Now it hauls arse!! The only thing is the stock Rex Flywheel and Clutch are crap and are struggling to harness the power of the S-25.

Here is a few shots of it withh the S-25 in....

Edited by: HIRISK

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice stuff, Hirisk.

How did you go doing the engine transplant??

I've got a Rex-X too, so if anyone wants to know what a standard one looks like there's some photos in the members rides section.

The Rex-x seems to be getting very popular with 2 or 3 of them racing at Penrith now, plus I know of another 3 which have visited Penrith in the past and a few others floating around the net.

Watching them & racing mineat Penrith they appear to be very strong buggies for the price. I also noticed that the Kyoshowith anodised al. shock towers looks very similar to the Rex when I saw a great photo on-line ofa Kanai. I'd like to compare them side by side to see if there are any matching parts :)

Cheers! Oggy.

G

·
I'm currently running a regular mp7.5, and a kanai-edition 2 I picked up used. Have been a kyosho guy for a long time now, and love them.

My friend also has a rex-x, not a bad kit for the money.

Anyways, pics of my K2 further down this thread.

http://forums.rcinfo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=65912

Running an OS V01B right now and loving it, however I have a usedC5-Circuit lined up for it, so that will be interesting to try if I get it.

I'm selling off the regular 7.5 as a rollerfor $450 if anyone's interested. In great condition, I just can't afford to keep bothkits equipped and running, so need to sell it off.

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=193&PN=1&TPN=1

·
Registered
29 Posts
I at this point in time am running a gs storm. But at the moment i am selling it and my kyosho vones which is currently on ebay. To fund my new project. i have already put over 600aud into this project and am about to put another 900 in the next few weeks.

well i guese you are wondering what i am getting. Also you may think this isn't possible at the prices but i am getting it from hk the buggy and us the motor.

Ok The motor which i have in my hand is an rb rody c5. Dame no one will catch this beast at dandy.

I am also going to Get a Kanai 3

I am going to get a fibre lyte kit for my birthday in may as well.

radio gear i will be running a hitec aggressor crx and servos are yet to be decided most likely hitec 5945mg digitals.

Clutch rmv speed 2

fironi shock towers.

maybe later on down the track torsen diffs.

·
Registered
660 Posts
i got a gv rex-x too not a bad buggy, but mine had a killer crash, i broke the cooling head, and snapped the clutch bell, i think when i have enough money i will fix her

G

·
I got my C5-Circuit last week, faster than the Rody C5B. She flies!

Got a Nova cooling head coming in sometime this week or next week to replace the onroad head, cant wait.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have a old kyosho land jump thats gathering dust in the shed. Its ally metal with a locked rear diff and chain drive. I hasn't seen any use for a while due to its nasty habbit of spitting the chain. i should take pics of it for all to see

G

·
ya two guys i bash with here have rex-x's now, not a bad bug at all for the price i reckon. the new design bodies look cool with the new black wing/wheels.

jiggen - man those landjumps old, cool though, find a new chain for it or something lol.

anyways trying to sell my second 7.5, its up on ebay so if anyones interested bid away - ive invested loads, but cant afford to keep two kits goin so she has to go asap.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=31 86691802[/url]

excuse the spam... --udiEdited by: uDi_MP7.5

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well Hirisk,

I have a Kanai III with the RB WS7II & have just bought the RB pipe EFRA-086 (checkout the RB website for the specs.), but, have yet to try it.

with my previous pipe I was getting all 4 wheels to break traction from a standing start & to reduce this & increase topend added a 15T clutchbell.

Quite interesting I must say, frightening actually. Since my last outing/accident I have added the pipe & not yet driven it.

If you get one make sure you get the EFRA-063 pipe or the one mentioned above for maximum performance from your engine.

I'm about to get a second buggy, a Hyper 7 Pro with front & centre spider diff's, an assortment of carbon parts, 4 sets of springs & various other parts, all for just $525Aud. Bargain, if you ask me!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts