Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah just opened up the rear springs cause the suspension was weird...the springs go down but they don't spring up again

so i took the rubber tubing out for fun...and damn the suspensionwas bouncy...a little jump would have the chassis hit the ground...

after iput the rubber tubes back and the suspension is still bouncy?

not sure what is wrong

is it not enough grease?

and how do i make the springs more stiffer?

G

·
ahh mate..friction shocks they are....dump them and get a cheap set off oil shocks..

i got some on the TL01, and i wondered why i waited so long to get em!!!!

Nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Friction shocks should be filled with a thick grease, something really thick like axle grease. (Your local garage should have heaps of the gunk and would probably be happy to give you a tablespoonful, if you don't want to buy yourself a whole tub.)

Them friction shocks work surprisingly well if they're built correctly. On the M03, we can't tell the difference between cars using them & the ones upgraded to oilers. They both make the same lap times.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...hmmm...well i filled up the rear shocks with the grease i had left...

and damn its still bouncy

why isn't it stiff like the front

the first time putting the shocks together i cut the front rubberdamper tubelike 2mm shorter than the rear shocks...

still need tyres too..can't really tell if my shocks are working....doing donuts is sluggish cause of the bouncy rear dampers

driving over bump road made my car spin out and stuff...

hmm...and i just figured out a way to set the tie rod toe...so hopefully the car should be more stable at top speed...

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
If you want the best handling from a TL01, you should make it so that the rideheight (the distance between lowest point of chassis & the ground) is about 5mm. Normally out of the box the cars are sitting at 8-12mm, bit too high.

Need to set it by putting extra washers inside the shocks to shorten them.

G

·
hahaah speaking off low...under heavy braking the front off my tl01 scraps...too low me thinks....

but ive noticed hug difference in shock on the TL01..

Nismo..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts