Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should have known yesterday would be a sh*t day to muck around with RCs..

Went out with my mate and his MT2..it was windy as hell, still decided to race around...realised his battery packs were dead, so we decided to just race my 9.5. So we had it kinda rich, cos kept blowing glow plugs...anyways it's runnin ok, then I flip it, and stall the engine. I figure it's flooded cos it was upside down, so I go to clean it out (the excess fuel) and kick it over again, and the pullstart won't budge..I figure the f*cken things siezed up on me...arghhhh

·
Registered
270 Posts
is it stiil locked or is it compresion?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I hope it's not the same for you, but the day when my engine chewed through too many plugs was because the piston & con rod had parted ways.

Hopefully taking the pull start off will let you see enough of the insides of the engine to know if it's OK. I've done that a few times now and its not very hard.

Good luck with it!
Oggy

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will hopefully take the time this week to have a look inside, and I hope it's ok..but all I wanna do is sell it, going as low as $500 for the rolling chassis & engine, which is f*cken cheap, but hey, that's 2nd hand for ya! Can't sell the bloody things!

Cheers OGGY
Edited by: MarkG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts