Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow rc fans...

Im new to the rc hobby and have just purchaced the 1/10 truck in title.

Any tips... ways to beef it up,.. would be much appreciated.

The local rc scene here in perth doesnt seem to be that large...

Cheers , steve

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Steve,

Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us.

A Venom VRT 4 Racing Truck.... I am not personally familiar with it, let's see what the other members can offer.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
761 Posts
i also have never heard of this truck

ways to beef it up.. hmm

well since its a stadium truck by the sounds of it, if it uses 2'2 wheels then pick up a set of pro-line dirt hawgs they make it look bigger, or a pair of pro-line 2'2 mashers that will make it look like a small monster truck

a few pictures of this truck, body on and off, would be cool to see since many members im sure have never heard of the truck

*EDIT*

I just remembered it is the buggy forum

although it the name is truck then id assume its a stadium truck since if venom had a monster truck people would know of itEdited by: Star Guitar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
me either dude, got me stumped, looked on the net, all it seems is that
venom make parts for other cars, and elecrics........ive seen a touring
car by venom, but looks like an electric TC3.......

im confused

nismo

·
Registered
761 Posts
hsv93: Can you please post pictures of your truck in the members rides section as i would like to see this thing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips on new wheels , definatly up for a set ide say...

Just trying to up load pics for you lot but having probs getting them under 130mp.

(Yes im a pain ,,,sorry) another new toy,digital camera..

kodak cx6200...

Under 50mp... is it possible.

have set pic quality to minimum on camera and get 130mp.

Cheers lads,hope you all had a great new year.

steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try importing the pic into photoshop or other program like that, then
export the image to a smaller size, its all i do, but i use flash 5 and
export it..

nismo

·
Registered
761 Posts
maybe email them to ausrc and see if he can host them on the site since im sure we'd all like to see this new truck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be excellent,as soon as i can get his email address ide be happy to send a few pics....

Had a check around the site and havnt found any contact details..

Thanks again lads..

steve

·
Registered
761 Posts
hsv, ive PMed you ausrc's email address, i hope he posts them as i want to see this truck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again star... ive emailed him withh them and hopefully he will put them up shortly.....hsv93

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
You get that... none the less, these are his pics in that thread.

That said, it now resides in Stadium Trucks. Even in HSV93's subject he said truck - should have picked up on it earlier.

Regards,

AUSRC

Edited by: AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, just registered and thought id ad my two cents worth on the venom vrt Stadium truck.

I recently purchased one of these, unfortunately I hate the thing. It only runs for 3-4 mins before overheating and we have spent countless time trying to tune it up to not overheat. Any tips would be appreciated...

Spare parts are a hassle too, i think it is originally an academy truck now made by venom, but try locating parts for it.

If the thing would run properly im sure my opinion would change, but i and my other experienced friends cannot seem to stop it from overheating. What do you think about changing the heatsink?? Any suggestions

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
TG007,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

What sort of shape is the engine in? Did it always run this way, or have you had some good times with it? Have you tried sealing the backplate on the engine or the neck of the carb, it may be artificially leaning.

Do you still get a good smoke trail? How does it perform? Does it scream like an overly lean engine?

I have to agree on parts availablity for some of this stuff. Often the cheaper price of the initial purchase is ruined by the lack of parts. A mate has a GV Maloo Ute, good car, Force .15, but he has lost the 2 front dogbones and he can;t get them anywhere. Difference being if it was a Kyosho, Tamiya, etc, it wouldn't be an issue.

Let us know on those questions. We have quite a few talented people here that can try and help.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, thanks for your reply. I can see this forum will be very helpful already!

I have some experience with helicopters and planes, but this is my first car. The engine has always beenthis way. I have only had it for two weeks, and have taken it back to the shop and asked them to try to tune it which they did, but when i took it home and fired it up 5 minutes later it was overheated again. Very frustrating!

I have not tried to seal the engine because of how new it is i would not have thought this would be the problem. I cant even find manufacturers specs for the engine RT15S. im at a loss, Im not sure what to do with it. Surely it cant be that hard!!???

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
What temp is it running?

How are you measuring it?

Where are you measuring it?

What fuel are you using? What % Nitro? What Glow Plug?

Also, from before, does it run like it is lean? That is - does it go like a cut cat?

So many questions I know... but lets see what we can do.

Regards,

AUSRC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts