Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a Turnigy Keychain camera off ebay last week, it arrived this week. It was only $7.69

Here is the link..........
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13447

I bought it will all intentions of only using it with my planes. So today I velcro'd it to my Bixler. The velcro worked a treat.

I downloaded the instructions from HK as it was a little unclear as the buttons are un-marked. But it is simple to use. One button is on/off, the other is camera/video function.

I have taken a few vids and will upload them to youtube later.

The quality is suprisingly good for a camera that is only $7. Some times the colour is a bit dull when it has just been pointed at the sun and then into shady areas etc but still excellent for what I wanted.

I highly rate it and would recommend it to others :)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Taken a few vids on mine, agree they work surprisingly well for what they cost

Cheers

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Nah that would be a futile exercise

Cheers

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine has stopped taking video.... audio still works though.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long have you had it? how many times have you used it and what in/on??

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the first video I made today with this camera. its actually pretty decent! :) Turn the sound down a little, as I dont have music on the video and the motor is noisy! :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
That's awesome quality for $8! The Bixler sounds like a vacume cleaner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you think it would handle being strapped to a 1/10 or 1/8 offroad buggy for a bit of race footage, or would it be too flimsy. I see in the vid that it was quite stable when along the grass

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would be fine on a car mate, if you dont to get it from Hobbyking, as in that would be the only item you weregoing to buy, you can get them on ebay for about $15 with free postage.

Yeah I was skimming along the grass and it was great.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
These cameras are great.......I also have one.

They are prone to vibration though which makes the recordings wavey........so for helis or nitro / petrol RC, you need to have a decent mounting setup.

Here's a great reference site for these little cameras.

http://chucklohr.com/808/C8/index.html

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I have all of the HK cameras. Or at least all the ones listed here. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__472__172__Telemetry_FPV-Video_Recorders.html

My personal preferences are the HD wind cam, then the turnigy high rate one then the turnigy ultra mini and keychain are about equal, or maybe ones better than the other but i can't remember cause i don't use them anymore.

Other than the hd one my preference is the high rate one, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...mall_Digital_Camera_without_memory_card_.html

it takes pretty good video, better than the keychain one IMO but then again it is almost 3x as much (cost)

I've been thinking of uploading some video i have taken with it and think i might. It was on my fox just gliding around.

The only issue with it is the camera placement, i've found that if i just cut a little square out of the fuse or wing very little of the camera is showing and therefore there is little air resistance.

not sure if this made any sense :p

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It all made sense. I liked the keychain camera for ease of mounting. The gopro is going to take awesome footage when I get around to mounting it, but for now the turnigy keychain is way too easy to use and mount.

I am going to mount it on the wing point inwards and forwards a little. Should look sweet

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Starting to wonder why I bought the Kodak, these keychain things seem to do as good a job or better than the more expensive stuff

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The kodak would have been good if you knew how to use it :) wink wink

The turniygy keychain is great, th colour can sometimes be a bit off.

Here is a video from a early morning flight today.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What card is in it l_D?
Looks good value!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a class 10 8GB micro SD. Class 10 is the fastest speed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts