Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Ozdork,

jjjrules just bought one. I don't believe he has fitted it yet though (I lost that bet).

He is going to do a review when he is done.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
686 Posts
No I haven't built it up yet as I'm still waiting for a Nova racing head and aluminium clutch shoes (waiting 3 weeks so far). As soon as they arrive it's straight to the shed and I'll give you all the full blah. ozdork - I can send you some pics of the kit if you like - they were on a previous list I did.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There is some footage of one in actionin this video clip, and after watching this, it kinda mage me have second thoughts about the kit:

www.outcastrc.com/video/crashnbash10.wmv

Since then i have seen other footage, and it is an arsome kit - can't wait to see jjjrules article!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would seriously not recommend the truckzilla to ANYONE.

It has got to be the worst thing ive ever seen regarding a savage. The kit itself is alright but for the same amount of money you could buy better quality wheels, tires and TVPs. It's the engine that a lot of people have issues with.

Read this link it has the WHOLE lowdown on the kit and is rather interesting to read. JJJrules, i hope you do not suffer the same problems as Rustler66 in the thread.

http://www.savage-central.com/ftopic14302.html

Read through this entire thread, and you will learn a thing or two regarding the kit.Edited by: Star Guitar

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I think like anything, the user plays a large part in somethings success. I know people who think the .26 Picco is a pig, where if I go by my experience it is single best engine I have even run.

jjjrules - can't wait for the review.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
472 Posts
i think the reason ppl are ripping holes in crank cases is cos the engine is so exposed
if you could solve that problem it might be alright

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
How can an engine, previously used for many hellicopter models, start to disintergrate in a truck as if it wsa a beta? Sounds like many gun-ho zilla cuz just don't take the time to get it right....

·
Registered
472 Posts
the engine sticks out past the rool bar a good few cm;s and when you flip, the engine takes a but kicking...even the s25 can be damaged as it is a lil exposed

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Are they all bitchin about the engine getting bashed up, or just destroying itself - falling apart?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts