Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For those of us that are interested in the idea of the Truckzilla kit... you might like to know that they are planning a twin engine version for release in July 2004.

This kit comes with the 2X.26 engines required... I wonder how quickly I can save my money.

See the kit details here; Hot Bodies Truckzillia big twin conversion @ Savage Central

Here's a tease pic for y'all....

I wonder where I'll put my fuel??
Edited by: AUSRC

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Looks good, but im not sure i would want thetwo HB 26's. Not the best engine in the world, maybe they will release the kit w/o the engines! 2 Fantoms would be a good idea

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would just hope it doesn't come with those tires, unless you only wanted to drive it on the road.

But it looks cool.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
It does come with those tyres!! Its possibly the worst tread pattern ive seen and not sure how you go with finding replacments cos theyre bigger than any others(excluding imax kongs) ive seen. Theyre 7.7 inch and the previous truckzilla ones were only 7 inch

·
Registered
641 Posts
7.7" is huge... the tread pattern looks wicked, but it would be completely usless on dirt.

I think i would stick to the regular truckzilla conversion, the idea of 2 engines just doesnt appeal to me, if one engine can backflip a savage id hate to see what two can do.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tOiletduck said:
7.7" is huge... the tread pattern looks wicked, but it would be completely usless on dirt.

I think i would stick to the regular truckzilla conversion, the idea of 2 engines just doesnt appeal to me, if one engine can backflip a savage id hate to see what two can do.

LOL... I guess it's the Tim 'the toolman' Taylor in me... but I just love the idea of a twin motor truck. LOL although I may have to put Husky on the payroll to be with me every time I drive it so I can keep it in tune.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Im sure they will do a kit w/o wheels and tyres annyway, the did with the other truckzilla.

·
Registered
332 Posts
would these savage? wheels fit on my tl01?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I still don't see the fuel tanks that they say are provided (and required!)

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
migoreng said:
would these savage? wheels fit on my tl01?

Sure you might just need to 'modify' your tl01 a bit.

Let's see... you'll need a new chassis, tranny, diffs, suspension, engine...

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">ya, thats not the savy pic</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, For all that want to know. The bigtwin has the fuel tank under the engines with a recess for the dogbone. Check photos.

If all goes well should be able to report how it goes Tomorrow.

Fingers crossed the second gear mod that Deb did works ok.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts