Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
yea i bought one a month ago good fun but cooked the motor in 3 weeks now waiting on a new one to come from perth putting a 17x2 in it hopefully will make it better also ordered full bearing set aswell as broken 2 steering servos other wise whata hoot!!!! you had any problem with yours that are worth me looking into. oh got a aluminium idler gear on order too thay tell me the plastic one wont handle the 17 turn motor for long

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
i have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5, and a Traxxas Nitro 4Tec PRO with2.5

A mate has a Tmaxx on the way (with .21 os engine) and an Emaxx.. he also has an E-bandit thats now converted to a rustler..

another mate has a Tmaxx2.5 and his son has a Nitro Sport SE.

E-pede is very similar to a rustler.. great truck for the price, how bout posting some pics for us ?
Edited by: Oblivion

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well mine is in pieces at the moment,may rebuild it into a sand or jumping weapon.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've got a 17turn motor in my rusty with the plastic idler, it's lasted for about 2 or 3 months with the 17 turn in it now and still going fine. Stupid stock servos though, stripped one yesterday by reversing in the whell of a trailer, if anyone can tell me how that works i'll give ya a pig
LOL

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a well known fact on the traxxas forums that the standard servo in a pede is crap and also that the idler gear with a hot motor is usually toast.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah the stock servo is fairly not so great but I was wanting to know how it stripped when I ran into something backwards any way you can still have pig if you want

G

·
hi all, the servos are rubbish the only way you could kill one in reverse is if happen to hit something else in the process as far as i know mind you i broke my second jumping of a kerb about 6 inches high so go figure thatwouldnt even been in air for more than 2 seconds no real force either i'm running a plastic gear JR high torque servonow and am on my second after my wife decided to run into a concrete wall at an angle at full speed not nice!!!.

Have stopped killing them now by adding a light custom made front bumper bar out of aluminium also made up a rear cover/bar out of plate alloy too. dual purpose for protecting motor and gear boxand too act like a skid plate when it finally does a wheely(iwish)

Have any of you changed motors and what did you use? also interested in tyre / rim selections as about to get new ones not sure what to get yet only new at this so eager to learn.

Have a good one RiZZa,finny

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I attempted to get my hands on a Kyosho Mag Mayhem that the yanks rave on about but to no avail, I'll have to try a different shop. As for wheels and tyres, RPM and proline produce a couple of diff designs and Proline M2Ks seem to be the tire of choiceon the Traxxas Forums.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've put a LRP 17t Rally motor into mine, got it off Ebay NIB for $70 (I think). I'm also looking at getting a Hitec 645-MG or 625-MG from MRC. Cheapes tI've seen in AUS.

·
Registered
472 Posts
what are use running in terms of servosavers? would it be possible to put a hitec 645 and a decent servo saver into one of these (thats what i did to my evader to stop it eating servos)

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
i honestly dont know.. maybe MRC can order/stock them ??

i just got mine from tower ..

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the other night I dusted off the box that my stampede was living in and have 90% rebuilt it. just need slipper pegs, pressure discs for the slipper clutch and a new servo saver. I originally bought my Stampede from Hobby One in Brissy and it came with a slipper clutch. About a year ago I was in H1 talkin to the guy about it and he reckon none of the stampede's brought into Oz were equipped with S/clutches and mine must have slipped through. Does anyone else a factory equipped slipper clutch ?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
originally, the rustler come with a pro.15 motor + slipper, and the nitro sport had a trx15 no slipper (same engine, but single screw carb).

when they updated their vehicles 1 - 2yr ago, the rustler got a trx2.5and slipper, but they added a slipperand the pro.15 to the nitro sport.. not sure what engine the pede come withoriginally (pro 15 or trx15), butabout a yr agothe slipper become standard issue on them aswell.. i think the original non slipper pede may have come with the trx15 and not the pro.

pro.15 - blue cooling head, 2 mixture carb (lsn + hsn)

trx 15 is identical engine but with silver head + single mix carb (hsn only)

·
Registered
263 Posts
My rustler came with the slipper but I think they have had the slipper for longer than the pede though.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oblivion said:
originally, the rustler come with a pro.15 motor + slipper, and the nitro sport had a trx15 no slipper (same engine, but single screw carb).

when they updated their vehicles 1 - 2yr ago, the rustler got a trx2.5and slipper, but they added a slipperand the pro.15 to the nitro sport.. not sure what engine the pede come withoriginally (pro 15 or trx15), butabout a yr agothe slipper become standard issue on them aswell.. i think the original non slipper pede may have come with the trx15 and not the pro.

pro.15 - blue cooling head, 2 mixture carb (lsn + hsn)

trx 15 is identical engine but with silver head + single mix carb (hsn only)

I have an E- Pede. not interested in the nitro models but thanx for the info.

G

·
yea bought pede from model flight about 6 months ago came standard with slipper clutch was told they all do when i was looking into buying one also just put in a 19 turn venom fireball motor good value at $35 goes like stink and good run times ball bearings are a good added bonus for the price so highly recomend this motor to any one looking for a cheap reliable mid class motor cant go wrong with it also comes in a very wide number of turn for you real speed freaks out their myself i stick with the 19 double for the tourqe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts