Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I want a traxxas nitro slash.

anyone found them in Aus yet I can only find them on Tower Hobbies.

I'm really new to this and am quite excited to get into it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Have you had an rc before?
Any experience with nitro?

·
Registered
638 Posts
If you sign up to tower they give you coupon codes and you can get a nitro slash shipped cheaper them your lhs .. i always pick the expensive shippingnoption and get my rcs in about 4 days =)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nitro is a hassle-louder more expensive slower and more matinence than brushless....Any reason why you want nitro as your first rc it will be a pain and you will hate it if you don't maintain it

·
Registered
601 Posts
no experience but I figure you have to start somewhere.
That's what it's all about mate, If ya keen on the Slash also it's worth checking out the Team Associated SC10GT overall IMO it would be a better truck hey..

As for where to buy them Towerhobbies and AmainHobbies are both good, But if your new it can be a good idea to get it from a LHS that way if you have any problems they can help you out..

Nitro is a hassle-louder more expensive slower and more matinence than brushless....Any reason why you want nitro as your first rc it will be a pain and you will hate it if you don't maintain it
Each to there own hey, I find Nitro to be a lot more fun than electric stuff..

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's his first rc and I have an EB4 S3 so I'm not an uninformed hater people like this need a good reliable first rc so they keep in the hobby you don't want them to have a bad experience and be scared away if he has a LHS near him then nito would be ok but the facts are electric is quieter, cleaner, more efficent, less matinence than nitro. If I was to ever buy a fuel powered rc again, it would be a Gasser.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
It's his first rc and I have an EB4 S3 so I'm not an uninformed hater people like this need a good reliable first rc so they keep in the hobby you don't want them to have a bad experience and be scared away if he has a LHS near him then nito would be ok but the facts are electric is quieter, cleaner, more efficent, less matinence than nitro. If I was to ever buy a fuel powered rc again, it would be a Gasser.
You forgot faster ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
And faster....lol thanks snap

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for advice

after watching the trouble people have with the nitro and the sheer loudness of them I have decided the base model traxxas slash electric is a better option for me first.

Otherwise as stated above I will grow to hate it.

I'm in northern Tasmania so the price that the local hobby shops charge is double of tower I understand overheads but I just cant justify it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts