Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had all those probs with my car, no smoke is bad on your engine, with my car i could lean it nearly all the way in, and still be lots of smoke, and the engine was really hot,

a worn piston and sleeve usally causes this, i have to replace mine.....if this happens to you id advice a engine rebuild, and new parts(piston and sleeve), if not you will suddenly come to a hault due to a sezzed engine

later ppl

nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Always ensure there is a blue tint to your smoke trail. You can still produce smoke when your engine is lean - it will be very white however.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes true, but then engine shouldnt get really hot even when not lean, still a sign that the piston and sleeve may be warn...oh well, engine rebuild for me any way, getting a tuned pipe to bolted on to my ride, plus $150+ other stuff

but she will be a blast to drive when its done

nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It also depends on the fuel u use if u use the stuff off the shelf they usually have alot of castor oil in them and that would make alot of smoke, the best way is tojust keep track of your engine temp (use the spit method).

Hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes thanks..i buy my fuel from a LHS store, and so do all the guys at
the club, so i guess its not the fuel, but the commpession was
gone...there was no resistence when turning the fly wheel by
hand.....and i got a new tuned pipe and air filter to help out withh the
breathing side of it...

thanks

Nismo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sting said:
It also depends on the fuel u use if u use the stuff off the shelf they usually have alot of castor oil in them and that would make alot of smoke, the best way is tojust keep track of your engine temp (use the spit method).

Hope this helps

What is the spitting method ? :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You use the spit method to keep track ofyour engine tempthis is if you don't have a temp gauge. You run your car for about a minute or so then bring it in and spit on the engine headif the spit evaporates straight away then your engine is to hot and you should richen the top end but if the spit sizzles away slowly then the engine should beright.

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts