Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my tnx today all i can say is AWESOME.Its huge and very well built from what i can tell i will keep you informed of how break in go's.

Soz no pics

·
Registered
410 Posts
At last some variety. Hope its a good first run. I am thinking about getting the new LOSI MT soon, side by side with my Savage.

Anyone got a Revo yet or back ordered? Will be nice to see someone "normal" do a write up on AUSRC.

MnB

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
"normal" does that mean a non savy owner

let us know how it goes mini. By the way, do you actually own a mini t?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i don't own a mini-t i just choose the name mini-t because it was the only think i could think to use.At one time i wanted a mini-t but that quickly changed when i saw the the tnx.

The tnx looks great can't wait to run it.That will be at about the end of next week.I got a heap of other stuff to do before i can break it in
(Like i have to buy a charger and batts and make up my first batch of homemade fuel)

BTW no pics for a while we are getting a digi camera but don't no when
Edited by: mini-t

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just another quick update.i'm pulling every thing apart to lock tite and so on.All i can say is it is a very solid machine all the parts go together so easy and for rtr everything is keyed in, all screws tight,everything lubed.There is access to nearly every screw which is great and makes pulling it apart easy.From my point of view it looks as strong if not more than the savage.In 30mins i have stripped the chassis of everything.

Tamiya supplyyou with all the tools you will need (except screwdriver)All i can say is tamiya have really hit a winner

·
Registered
405 Posts
That's pretty impressive, it takes me a good 6 hours to pull down the
Savage - do both the diffs and put it back together again. Well maybe
not that long, but it seemed like a long time.

Deffinately longer than 30 minutes!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah well it is very easy to work on like 30mins i got of all the shocks.engine,servos,fuel tank,tyres off,drive shafts,spur gear,clutch bell.Edited by: mini-t

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Mini-T,

You'll love the TNX.

I have a Terra - Crusher which I love and wouldn't get rid of it for a savage or anything. Yep, there have been some probs - slipping tranny, too big and heavy stock wheels and tyres and an underpowered stock FS18 engine, which Tamiya have looked at and changed when the TNX was conceived. A lot of parts, eg, chassis etc are interchangeable which means parts support for my Terra for a while to come.

I'm actually in the process of converting my Terra to a big block XTM 24.7 and I'm looking forward to getting my engine and clutch bits soon.

Like I said, you'll looooove the TNX - its so tough - a mate of mine has busted and bent about every part of his savage. Me - a small crack in my underside skid, stripped wheel hexes and a stripped tranny gear in nearly 2 years of bashing.

Keep us informed how the break in goes.

Cheers,

SteveEdited by: stevo1957

·
Registered
641 Posts
6 weeks!!! Haha, your welcome dude!!

Yeah im itching to see what the genesis is like... might have to pop down there tomorrow hey

·
Registered
641 Posts
By the way, congrats on the new TNX mini

Ive read a heap of reviews on it and it looks like one kickass truck, hope you have some good fun with it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can you guys tell me more about the TNX. I just looked on Tamiyas
web pages. Is it the 1/8 scale nitro truck RTR with OS.18 engine?
What price is that locally? Who sells it? Thanks for your patience with
my ignorance

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i don't no about you but my lhs sells it for 790$ but the closest hobby shop in perth to that price is 899$

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Mini-T where did you get your TNX for $790???
I just
checked it out at Metro Hobbies in Box Hill. They have it at $950

How is it going for you? How do think it compares to the savage for
performance/durability? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Mini-T,

I am with Steve on this one. (Albeit that I now own a Savage).

I had aTerra Crusher and itwas a great truck. As Steve said, the wheels were too heavy, the engine was underpowered, reverse was a complete POS and made the tranny slip. The TNX is essentially the same design as the TC, but with all of this resolved. It should be a great truck. I still have difficulty with these "true" 1/8 trucks only having a small block though. They are pysically larger than a Savage, but small block. What was Tamiya thinking on that one??

I love my Savage, but must admit, the TNX should be great.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
149 Posts
So Chris, do I hear you saying that if you were out to buy a new
truck now, you would lean to the TNX rather thanthe Savage?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AUSRC said:
Mini-T,

I am with Steve on this one. (Albeit that I now own a Savage).

I had aTerra Crusher and itwas a great truck. As Steve said, the wheels were too heavy, the engine was underpowered, reverse was a complete POS and made the tranny slip. The TNX is essentially the same design as the TC, but with all of this resolved. It should be a great truck. I still have difficulty with these "true" 1/8 trucks only having a small block though. They are pysically larger than a Savage, but small block. What was Tamiya thinking on that one??

I love my Savage, but must admit, the TNX should be great.

Regards,

Chris

Chris i choose the tnx mainly because of the small block i like them.And the tnx engine is meant to be just as powerful as becuase 21. because it have had race inspirted porting or atleast tamiya think that
.But from what i can tell its looks BLOODY strong and the motor is meant to lift the nose up
.Oh well i won't be able to answer the question as to how powerful the 18. is until i break it in,Next week some time because i need to get a charger and whip up some homemade fuel.Also with rain for most of next week does not help.

ANY way i am planning a 21. conversion when i get some $$$$Edited by: mini-t

1 - 20 of 29 Posts