Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya all

going to go start racing with my TL01 as they have a class of their own to race,

so whats the best way to get the most out of my car,??

at the moment i have a TL01, with oil shocks, lowered to 5mm, tierods,
carbon gear shafts, lightweight chassis, and of course ball bearings....

im putting on order 4 universals. speed tuned gears, adjustable upper arms, and stabalizers, and a new body of course....

any other hints to get a bit more out of it??

Nismo

·
Registered
596 Posts
practice driving it. set up cones to make a road course and practice. getting a car around a track with out hitting barriers is a lot different to driving in a open area with nothing to hit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brushless, my friend had a tl-01 with a brushless it flew and it handeld like it was on rails with the universals. Brushless is a big speed but if you can afford it go for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think ill get the yoko.....as Jig said....practice fist, and i
have never really done any proper racing before...and seeing as most
ppl run TL01's at STMCC i think ill just stock up on batts and a good
charger, also get some "add ons" for the car, new body, uni's etc!

Bender mate, have to run stock motors for the first 3 meets im there,
then its pretty much just stock motors for most classes apatr from
open, which ill give a go at too...

Nismo

·
Registered
596 Posts
you will be surprised how much faster you can be if you use a slower motor than a brushless for your first race. I have seem heaps of newbies at precc with a hot motor fly down the straights but then spend most of the time struggling to control their car around corners.

a sport tuned 23t or 27t stocker is plenty fast enough and easier on yourbattery packs than a brushless will ever be.. nismo just run the 16t that you have now and decide whether or not you want to continue racing. if so then buy a motor thats fits the rules of the class you run

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm only class that allows mod motors are open class, others have to have a stock silver can,..maybe i could use a sport tuned?

also i wanna try the open class just for fun

Nismo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts