TL01 universals

lightweight kingpins

stainless steel suspension shafts

foam bumper

speed tuned gears

tierods

upper arm adjustable set

oil shocks

long suspension arm set....is that whats it called??

toe in rear uprights

quick realease battery holder

rubber sealed ball bearings..

these arent by tamiya but are made for the TL01

by GPM i think

alloy lower arms,

alloy rear and front uprights

alloy "C" hubs

alloy servo mounts

and a few that ive heard off but never seen......or not nown who by

adjustable motor mount......?????never seen one..

eagle racing motor heatsink.....seen em, cant find price, or part #

if you know of any more, please add em..

Nismo

PS..just recently aquired a TL01 and bunch of NIP parts, near enough for a second TL01

·
Registered
158 Posts
yes they are, all of the parts available made by tamiya are there, even parts not specifically for tl-01 are listed, this is in the tl-01 models of late ie, 1999 and forward

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh found the heatsink the proper tamiya one, it attachs to the
otherside off the chassis, and the heat goes through the skrews and out
of the motor area, not the best way, but it will help a bit, though i
dont know if they still sell em?

Nismo

·
Registered
307 Posts
nismospeed said:
ahh found the heatsink the proper tamiya one, it attachs to the otherside off the chassis, and the heat goes through the skrews and out of the motor area, not the best way, but it will help a bit, though i dont know if they still sell em?

Nismo

Do you have a part # or pic of this? I never knew there was a heat sink for the Tl01.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I recently aquired a Tamiya Stadium Raider which is based on the TL01 chassis and its hop up time. After scouring the Tamiya Guide Book, I've picked a fair few but unsure of these:

*53144 Bushing and Ball Connector set, whats it do ?

*53301 Stainless Steel Suspension Shaft set, What do these replace ?

*53342 Speed Tuned Gearset, How are these different to stock ?

Whats the difference between the Tl01 Universal shaft (53418) and Assembly Universal shaft (53615) ?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
RiZZa said:
*53301 Stainless Steel Suspension Shaft set, What do these replace ?

all the black screw-headed hingepins in your suspension.

Makes the car's transmission gearing ratio Taller (ie Gear Up). For the same pinion, top speed will be higher but acceleration suffers.

NOT RECOMMENDED for offroad TL01s, the gearing with bigger wheels is too high already. Only useful if you want to do high-speed runs with small touringcar tyres.

Whats the difference between the Tl01 Universal shaft (53418) and Assembly Universal shaft (53615) ?

Both do the same job but the latter can be 'repaired' when they wear out. Tamiya sells the parts separately - its the 39mm model.

Early types are discontinued anyway.

Anything for TA04 or TB01 will work in a TL01 too.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
zoomer said:
RiZZa said:

Makes the car's transmission gearing ratio Taller (ie Gear Up). For the same pinion, top speed will be higher but acceleration suffers.

NOT RECOMMENDED for offroad TL01s, the gearing with bigger wheels is too high already. Only useful if you want to do high-speed runs with small touringcar tyres.

Can I still use these if I convert to a rally car with TC rims and Tamiya rally block tyres ? I wanna build a rally version of the black r32 gtr from Initial D if i can get my hands on the tamiya body.

·
Registered
332 Posts
change to a smaller pinion...19 or 21T

yeah i want to make my tl01 a rally car too...so i need a metal underbody...how should i do it?

lol i was driving on grass yesterday....bouncy bouncy o_O car flipped
too...doh
car was filled with dead grass...servo...wheel axles...ESC
too

Edited by: migoreng

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Don't really need any underbody protection. Baja Champ/King (buggy using TL01 chassis) doesn't have any and it does just fine.

Avoid wet mud & water though - water will kill your electronics.

You can put your RX into a balloon to waterproof it but the ESC is the biggest risk. It can't be wrapped up as it needs cooling air.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Its already got a 19t pinion. Well I didnt find the r32 body and don't really want to pay $90.00 for one anyway. I also got my hands on some Proline Axis rims and tamiya rally block tyres. I mounted one tire without gluing it noticed it was pretty soft but have no idea what sort of insert I should use, I was thinking a medium ?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
I don't think the rally blocks need any inserts, don't think Tamiya even supplies "sponge" in the rallyblock-equipped kits. But might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I recently installed the Tie Rod set on the steering, and even after building and measuring carefully one side has more steer than the other if ya get what i mean. I shortened the other side but it won't track straight plus the steering servo is wak anyway. Any help ? Do any companies make aluminium arms for the TL01 ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts