Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i'm new to rc cars. i need help as i dont know much.i'd like to make my v1s go fasterwhat can i do???

change airfilter?? exhaust?? or even ducting air from the front of the car straight to the filter??

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Are you really a Czech?

There's only so much you can do to the Kyosho GS15 engine. That includes making sure
<UL>
<LI>its tuned correctly for the conditions</LI>
<LI>the airfilter is cleaned & re-oiled frequently; original item should work ok, you might want to try remove the inside baffle</LI>
<LI>you are using fresh fuel</LI>
<LI>all your bearings are clean & not jammed</LI>[/list]

After that you'll need to spend $$.
<UL>
<LI>two speed transmission... gives better acceleration</LI>
<LI>universal driveshafts= smoother drivetrain</LI>
<LI>good tyres = better cornering speed</LI>
<LI>tune your suspension... gives better handling</LI>
<LI>new engine with more power</LI>
<LI>new pipe? if you know how to tune it (trial & error) then you might do better, but the stock pipe is pretty ok too</LI>[/list]

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Zoomer is once again on the money.....

Do you want to go faster with or without spending dollars?

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Trouble is... most of the V1S that I come across are built for Kyosho Cup competition. There's not much you can do within the Rules, so most of these will sport:-

-very carefully built shocks

-option Kyosho tuned pipe (original works well, but is heavy)

-Kyosho 2-spd transmission, for better acceleration

-good rubber tyres

-thick silicone oils for the diffs

The rest of it...well, some of it is each guys'"secret tricks" but most of them are in the nitro-car RELIABILITY category. These racers run long finals (30, 45, 60 min?) and if your car can't hack the duration, you've got little hope of winning.

"To finish First, you got to first Finish."

·
Registered
793 Posts
Maybe get a better Airfilter, more air intake maybe. Maybe a lighter flywheel, but i dont know whats legal in races. If you are racing at all

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
K-Cup legal = all Kyosho options.

More air don't make more power... you burn Fuel to make power, ergo a bigger carburettor will let you flow more fuel+air. But if you're gonna get a new carby, might as well get a new/bigger engine to go with it.

Lighter flywheel don't make anything go any faster - flywheels store kinetic energy, they don't make power. Lighter = less mass = better acceleration... but could also get erratic idling if its too light. (Works on a 1/10 like it does on 1:1.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry guys i should have been more clear. i'm not racing it in any competitions, i'm racing it against my mate on the streetso anything goes

a 2 speed sounds good to me. i have a dumb question for you's though. how does it change gears?? is it automatic or do i have to push a button or something??

thanks all, special thanks to boomer

·
Registered
358 Posts
The 2 speed shifts with a clutch. When the main gear is rotating at a certain speed, the clutch shifts across to the 2nd gear.

It's normally adjusted by a screw which changes the spring pressure of this clutch, holding it against the first gear for more or less time.

As for more speed, one option might be upgrading the entire car :) Seriously though, there is someone on-line who just bought a v1rr and finds it too fast and they want to get a v1s instead....

Cheers! Oggy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts