Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like a good truck that i can afford 750$$$aus but i'm not sure there are 3 problems with it though

1. shocks are crap

2.bodies is just awful

3.1 speed trans

these do not worry me much as i don't jump to much and i plan to upgrade to 2 speed and get a better body .from what i hear it's very fast and will outrun a

stock savage 25 easyly even without a 2 speed

could u please tell me ur thoughts on this truck as i'm pretty keen and for 750$$ aus from my lhs it's a good deal

·
Registered
472 Posts
first question is how is the hop up scene for these thigns and also how easy is it to come by parts for this thing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should be easy my lhs carries alot of ofna and the motor is a hyper 21 8 port which is not to hard to get so thats ok as for hop up's i plan to keep it pretty stock except for 2 speed ,new body and maybe some shocks later on

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
don't be taken by the draw card of 'faster than .25', as it will maily come down to driver control, not power... I see this all the time with the tourers...

How does it compare cost wise to a sav 25 rtr when you have put a 2 speed, better shocks and a body on it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it's rtr with everything i spose 2 speed will be 100$$ and i will leave the shocks and a body can wait but proble 250$$ for all that stuff

the engine will be good all i have heard is good reviews about the hyper 8 port 21 it seems like a strong car it should be good i would get a savvy ss with picco26 but price 900$$ aus then a good radio 200$$$ then a hi torque servo 100$$$ so thats 1200$$$ plus the motor puts out 2.5 hp at 38000rpm compared to the savvy 25 putting out 2.5 hp @ 28000rpm it sounds good but not sure yet

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
nellyneil,

Wot's doin'?

I quote your signature:

coming soon
picco 26 powered savage ss

Now we are talking Ofna Pirate?

The Picco, btw, is 2.7HP at 38000rpm.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
709 Posts
Mr Hobbyman in Dandy is gettin more RTR Savy 25's in about 6 weeks... I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS LHS! Im unsure as to how many of you go there, know there must be a few... but i was in there for over two hours tonight... customer service is excelent, shop is large, Lots of parts.

I dunno if its any help NellyNeil.. but think the goin price for the RTR Savy was round the 850-900 mark... I MAY BE WRONG....But I aint far off the mark!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Mate get with it! For a grand total of ~$732AUD I just bought a Savage SS, Kick A$$ FM radio, servos, steering & throttle mods, plugs & wrench, fail safe, motor saver air filter, r clips and fuel filters. That includes and estimate for customs and air shipping!

Thats about $1600 - $1700worth of stuff off-the-shelf here in aus.

U do the sums, if you can afford to buy AUS, just think of what you could import.....

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Morphy,

Mate, if only I could have said it beter.......

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok this i why i wanna buyit fromhear in aus because my mums buying it for me and she would rather give the money to a lhs then to some stupid yanks who are already rolling in money i'm not sure if i will get this car it's either this or a savage ss with picco but i'm not sure i would like to get the savvy but then i need a radio 200$$ and then hitec servo 100$$$ but i spose if i go with the savvy ur first exspense is your last exspense but i'm not sure i've heard nothin but good reviews about ofnamonster pirate oh well when i get a job i can have both

·
Registered
472 Posts
if you are upgrading to the picco, rememebre u can take the s25 straight out of thec ar (leave the sticker on the head) and sell it on ebay for a good $200 atleast..theres one on there for 340 or something, so atleast your makeing some of your money back, your almsot getting the picco for free!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nah if i get it i will get the aussie version that comes with picco .26 and does not come with the s.25

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
So in actual fact, at this point in time, you are not getting anything?

Just curious....

Regards,

AUSRC

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
FWIW... I just thought I'd add the following to this thread;

I have just purchased a Savage 25 RTR from MRC in Canberra (Site Partner) for $795.00, included an alloy tank guard and alloy brake hub upgrade.

Hobbyman in Dandenong didn't have any Savages at all, either the 21 or 25 but claimed they would be getting the 25 in shortly (4 weeks or so). They were not sure on what the retail price was going to be but they didn't think it would be too far from the old selling price of the 21's... also $795.00

If you want a giggle, The Hobby Place in Lonsdale Street has a Savage 21 on the shelf that you can have the bargain price of $1,200.00. [/sarc]Edited by: Skidd

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Skidd,

Quick correction, MRC is not a site sponsor (wish I had some...), but most certainly is a Site Partner, and highly recommended by this site.

MRC has assisted the Australian market in getting real on pricing. Specifically he continues to show DSI (the HPI distributor in Australia) how things shound be.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
AUSRC said:
Skidd,

Quick correction, MRC is not a site sponsor (wish I had some...), but most certainly is a Site Partner, and highly recommended by this site.

Oopps sorry mate, my blue... I have corrected my post accordingly. With each site having it's own terminology for these things; site partner, site sponsor, site vendor, forum advertiser etc etc I just used a term I was familiar with.

Of course I simply meant the company who's banner appears in the top RH corner.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Skidd said:
If you want a giggle, The Hobby Place in Lonsdale Street has a Savage 21 on the shelf that you can have the bargain price of $1,200.00. [/sarc]

Im not laughing, I paid $1175 for my RTR21 from Hobby man only a few months ago

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
husky said:
Skidd said:
If you want a giggle, The Hobby Place in Lonsdale Street has a Savage 21 on the shelf that you can have the bargain price of $1,200.00. [/sarc]

Im not laughing, I paid $1175 for my RTR21 from Hobby man only a few months ago

Husky, I hope you know I wasn't laughing at you or anyone else who paid the prices that The Hobby Place charges... I meant it was funny there is a full $400.00 price difference between 2 Melbourne based hobby shops for the same product. Hence my use of the [sarcasm] tag. I am just one of these people who does exhaustive research before buying anything. My research generally leads me to the correct choice to suit my needs and hopefully the best price.

I'm sorry if you think you paid too much for your car, but look on the bright side. You got it when you wanted and I'm sure you've had plenty of fun with it.

I'll just be quiet now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.