Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gidday all,

I know for one that AUSRC has a place close in his heart for theTerra Crusher, even following his conversion to the Savage world. So its obvious by now, that I am a TC owner - and proud of it, too!!

I've actually been spending a few bucks on some additions, the latest being the Dynamite in line exhaust.

http://dynamiterc.com/Products/Detail.aspx?ProductID=DYN6619

However, after installing it tonight, there are a couple of aspects I'd like to run by you.

* Although it is made for the TC, when it is installed, the connection where the header joins the pipe with 3 springs actually rubs against the main aluminium chassis. I don't want to dremel some chassis away to stop this so was wondering whether this contact will cause heat transfer from the pipe to the chassis.

* When installed, the pipe is also very close to the fuel line - so I guess I need toreposition this away from it the best I can.

*When I put the body on, it rubs against the side of the pipe. It probably won't be too long before I burn a hole in the side. Further, I don't want to cut a chunk out as it will weaken the body shell. I've also just bought aProline 350 extended cabbody and don't particularly want to damage that, either.

If I remove the dynamite header and go back to the stock one, and connect the pipe with the original silicone joiner that came with the stock plastic pipe, everything is clear and there is no rubbing or touching etc.In fact, the new pipe is very similar in size to the stock pipe, but obviously looks heaps better!

However, what are the implications of using this pipe without the header it came with. You will note the header has a twist in it before it joins the pipe, whereas, the stock header is just straight after the 90 degree bend from the exhaust port. - I'm not very familiar with exhaust dynamics, hence my question.

So, there lies the issues.

Any comments or assistance appreciated.

BTW, I am running the Epic .18 and AUSRC, before you have a dig, I still haven't had time to put my first tank of fuel through yet!!!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Steve,

I have given up on you running that bloody Epic in........ you will cop no more from me.

Mate, I would have to say that the header that ships with the Pipe is the way to go, the stock TC header is not that flash when it comes to smooth air flow. The Epic coupled with that little baby should be great.

So the issues:

Heat Transfer - not a real issue I wouldn't have thought. Maybe split some fuel line and run it on the edge of the chassis plate to prevent wear from rubbing. I think wear is a bigger concern to heat.

Fuel Line - look at rerouting - once again, probably not a huge issue. Temp of the fuel is not as crucial as temp of the air, in the air fuel mix.

The Body - It would take a while for the pipe toburn a hole through the .60 Lexan of that 350 extended. that said, it will take the paint off. The paint then sticks to your pipe a wrecks it rugged good looks. Is it "just" touching or is it fully pushed against it?

I think the beniftis of the header that came with the pipe, outweigh the disadvantages... lets see what everyone else thinks.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AUSRC,

As always, you're starting to show your inventive flair - The fuel line along the side of the chassis is a good idea.

A bit of a paint scratch wouldn't concern me too much with the body rubbing, but perhaps I could glue a bit of high temp insulation on the inside of the body where it will make contact. BTW, I noticed that the F350 extended Proline body looks to be about 2 cm narrower than the stock shell. I guess it will push out around the pipe so it shouldn't be a problem.

(Another BTW, I've also ended up ordering the TMaxx Integy piggy back shocks for the TC - My last purchase for a while as the kitty is almost dry!!)

Cheers mate,

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AUSRC,

I didn't particular answer your previous questions - the stock body is in contact with the pipe all the time. When I do the F350, it looks like it will be even harderaginst the pipe all the time - from memory you got around this problem with your rear exhaust setup.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Steve,

Maybe when you trim the body, you could use some of the excess to make a reinforced area that sits on the pipe... if you could somehow rig this after it was painted.......

Yeah, I never had the issue as the pipe was around the back.... dunno.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

I'll have to see how the Proline fits when it's cut out.

Time for some zzzzzzzzzzzz's. It's 11.38pm down here!

Cheers mate,

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts