Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u guyz know anythin bout it? Doez any1 have 1?Iz it good?

I juz wanna know cauze i havent herd of it b4!

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
When I was trying to decide which type of MT to get the TA Monster GT (or BFT as it was known then)was on my short list. It's not a bad truck but I don't know anyone down here that has one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's a Thunder Tiger MTA-4 down here, same truck, different body and engine, sort of like the XTM X-Termiantor and the GV Rex-X.I saw a pic ofthe MGT/MTA-4on this forum somewhere though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ihave a savage, and one of my friends has a TA MGT. They are good truck, have some good features, like they have a "roto" start system andpull start on the same fitting, which is very cool. they come RTR, standard with everything, inc 3 chnl remote with reverse mod.

But it seems its down fall is steering (which can be fixed with a stronger servo) and power (needs more power for the size and weight). Its slightly bigger than a savage. Seems a fair bit slower then my savage with picco.

He has not had any problems with it at all, and this thing get abused.

My verdict good truck, not many hop-ups or bling bling available compared with savage.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i own a monster gt or a MTA4 which are the same thing really, just monster GT is american and MTA4 is australian....... damn good truck though..

biggest down full so far.... i've ripped out the pull start cord about 8 times.

fixed easily though just annoying just glad i could use a drill to keep on driving each time

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've read reviews that they are really tough trucks out of the box, takes a lot of beating. Team associated sure makes great products
Thats y they are very popular in the states.

But I think its a bit hard to get Team Associated parts here in australia from either factory team or from3rd parties like Integy, 3 Racing...etc.

Thats the only problem for me,when I bought my AE Nitro TC3, I chose it because it is rated higher than most other 1/10 tourers, and it also won some reader's choice award last year. But I cant seems to findany hobby shops that stocks after market parts. So I mostly buy my parts online from Ebay or from Dinball....etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts