hobby shop that stocks Tamiya parts (in Australia). Main reason I am
asking is that I have had a very good look for sites and have only
found US suppliers with any decent amount of hop-ups + parts. Any help
is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
bzchi,

I am sure that Zoomer will be able to assist when he sees this post....

Regards,

AUSRCEdited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am keen for some bits for my TA04 but none of the place on the net i have emailed have replied.

Though the LHS is pretty good, they dont have anything much in stock unless its generic or for a TL01....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im after tg10 parts, have kept an eye on ebay for 2 weeks (that I have
had the car) and there are a few bits but im more after replacement
pieces for parts that I break

My lhs isn't too bad, but if I want anything perticular they have to
order it in so I may as well order it from US myself. Interested to
hear from Zoomer :)

Do people do group buys to Towerhobbies? Group buys are pretty big in car clubs, do RC clubs do them?

Is it unheard of to buy a complete kit and use it as spares?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
All waiting for l'il ol' me friends, I'm honoured!
</v:shape>

Ok, have visited BNE, SYD, ACT & gone to all their hobby shops (my preferred form of "sight seeing")... gotta say we get it lucky down here in Melbourne.

These are where I go into (more often than the family thinks is good for me)...
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Metro Hobbies is likely to be Oz's best Tamiya spot,carries just about everythingthat the Tamiya distributor offers& their pricing is relatively decent (for Oz stds, y'know). Its Mecca for any outstation Tamiya freak in Oz.

Hobby Place comes a close second for stock, but a tad disorganised. They might have the bits but one might have to do some looking.

Mack's carries some too, pricing is best there if he's got it.</BLOCKQUOTE>

Their details are all in the phonebook I'm sure. I don't know if they do mailorders, don't see why not - although they'll certainly be charging sticker price.

If you're planning on buying a lot all at 1 go, perhaps let me know & I'll see what I can do too.

Best thing is to browse throughhttp://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcitem/rcitem.htmand work out exactly what bits you need, make a list.

Cheers, guys!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guys,

This bloke had heaps of Tam parts in stock, very knowledgeable as well. I was even able to get stuff to fit a TGS chassis(erk):

[email protected]

He sells direct (he will give you his phone number) and also is constantly running auctions on EBAY. I would deal with him again.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
bzchi said:
Do people do group buys to Towerhobbies? Group buys are pretty big in car clubs, do RC clubs do them?

Not for just individual parts usually, that's what LHS are for.

But certainly if there's a special item to be custom manufactured etc, its not unheard of. (eg TamiyaClub members do some parts for the ancient discontinued Tamiya models)

Usually group buys are damned painful to organise though... "yes I want one,er no change my mind, yes I want two now, oh maybe not as my fren don't want his one now so I don't either... hey guys time to Pay Up! ... (silence)"

But I'm such a sucker for punishment: wanna Yokomo drift car?? [url]http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=442&PN=1& amp;TPN=1[/url]

Is it unheard of to buy a complete kit and use it as spares?

Why not?

If your spareparts list reaches 50% of your car's bits, often a whole kit is cheaper. Plus you get a "free" new shell & set of wheels/tyres too.

But the problem with the basic model kits is... you'll probably have upgraded some bits and the 2nd kit you buy will only have the base bits again.

Problem is less at the fancy end eg the pro race kits with the CF & alloy bits. Not uncommon to see racers will buy 2 sometimes 3 kits of the car they want to race with. They might bring a kitbox to the track for spares - aswhen you're the 1st to run a new car, you won't know which bits break first.

Or if in the setting up phase... some run 2 identical cars and change one adjustment at a time, then go out and test again. If lap times & handling improve, propogate that setting to the other car then try something new & continue again.

A few weeks/months later maybe when the shops have dropped their prices a little... some of the pros will be back for yet another kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called Metro and their prices were... well...
, he also didn't have much in stock, and would have to order it in anyway.

Plus I would have to add postage so I think I might go to the lhs and
just put in a big order and hope they sort out a good price for me.

I might have to switch brands to HPI because MRC is within walking
distance and he always has a good cache of parts for what he sells.

What Tamiya cars do you run Zoomer? and where can I find out more about this TamiyaClub?

I will call a few of the other places you mentioned and see what they have and prices.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Metro got no parts?!? Yikes, that's like a pub with no beer!!

Especially TA04 & current models ; maybe if you were trying to get 414 bits or something...

414... hey, that's today's date!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts