Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
It ain't no different to the TT-01 that you build from a kit, so that's a good thing! Just add full set of ballbearings and it'll run fine.

The CPR ESC does the job & is good enough for an upgrade to the Tamiya SportTuned motor.

However it is an all-in-1 unit together with the receiver, so if you want to upgrade to a better ESC you'll also need to buy a new RX.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ive got a old esc ($100 job) for it but its very scketchy, it runs allright most of the time on my tl-01 but sometimes when i give it gas it just stops and suddenly starts to kick forward. Im not sure whats causing it, I thought i must have a loose connection or something buti checked and they seem fine.

I wanted to put my19turninto theTT-01, doyou think that esc/rx could handle it?

couldthat be too much power to drift with

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
microfan said:
Yeah ive got a old esc ($100 job) for it but its very scketchy, it runs allright most of the time on my tl-01 but sometimes when i give it gas it just stops and suddenly starts to kick forward. Im not sure whats causing it, I thought i must have a loose connection or something buti checked and they seem fine.

Assuming all the wiring is secure & nothing dodgey, I think you should check your motor's brushes - if its one where you can. Sounds more like a "hung brush" symptom.

I wanted to put my19turninto theTT-01, doyou think that esc/rx could handle it?

nope!

Its recommended only for silvercan 540 or Tamiya SportTuned.

Anything else "at your own risk".

couldthat be too much power to drift with

More torque makes dorifto slightly easier. But it depends on your skill & driving style too. Even a silvercan 540 is more than enough speed for that.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yeah the silvercan is awesome for drifting in my tl-01 on pvc but lacks speed for faster sideways action.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have any of you guys got or seen the hpi sprint? it costs about the same but with no electronics. what do you think?

Edited by: microfan

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Avoid anything HPI until the Australian distributor can get his/her act together and support their products properly.

Which is a shame as most HPI cars aren't too bad. But even the best car is useless if you've broken something and can't get the parts to fix it fast.

Sounds like you've upped your budget & don't need radio/electronics?

Depends what you want to do with your car... Tamiya TB01 is a solid chassis, very tough and can handle rallying better than the newer TB02 - fantastic backyard basher. Some places also sell the Schumacher Mission S1 kit for < $300... that's a damned good price for a decent chassis. Or maybe the Yokomo drift car might be your fancy... about $400 in the Oz shops.

Either way I think its better you build the car yourself.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh.. right, you dont hear much about the sprint, just thought it
was something different. Ive got all the electronics but i was thinkin
the XB cause it would probably be alot more reliable than the radio/esc
that im using.

What shop do you think would be the cheapest that stocks the Schumacher mission?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Metro is Melbourne is the king of all things Schumacher.

Don't know who carries them in Sydney sorry.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u dont get a shell with the shumacher ay?

it looks pretty strong

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
No shell, nomotor, no electronicson racing cars usually. Don't know if you get any tyres with it even.

Mission S1 is the fibreglass version of their old Mission Carbon, all parts interchangeable.

btw If you are after a new TB01 kit do PM me. Can hook you up with a new TB01 with full bearings for under $300, or $250 without the shell.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
f**k im stupid i just seen nismos post on the same car

sorry bout that nismo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts