Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one have one of these, or used one??

ive heard its quite slow with stock motors........

looks huge though, how big compared to a savage is it?...ive seen a
savage(once), and its like 4 times the size of a touring
car.....huge....

i gatther though most use the TXT-1 for clibing stuff hey??

nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Smaller than a Savage, but it is a 1/10 MT.

The TXT-1 is a born climber, it is not built for Speed. It will outclimb anything due to its axle setup and the amount of suspension travel, etc.

Electric is ideal for this Rock Climbing because of the direct drive (no clutches) and the immediate availability of torque. Unusual thing to watch in action, but a get truck for the purpose.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was wanting to get one,

my mate lives out bush so i thought it wouls be cool for out there.....

any way i think they are expensive, then i need a good esc to handel 2 motors,

bugga,

nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah..better off getting a savage....seems everyone on this forum owns one...i wish i did

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah, want an cheap electric to bash arond home with, there goes the TXT-1 idea..lol

nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you could alwas get a rc10gt they are a tough little car and are great for bashing, it is nitro and nitro is better for offroad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i can argue about nitro being best on offroad..but we all have out own opinion,

but due to vert tight budget now, i can only afford to run the one car, (got the adsl bill coming soon, and college starts soon)

nismo

·
Registered
158 Posts
the TXT-1 is anything but cheap, its a ripoff, its sweet, but not as big as it seemed withh the new release monsters,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok what is it withh you guys a savages..gee!!

any how, i think the TXT-1 is a sweet truck.......would love one, too bad its lot of $$$$$$

Nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Nismo,

I have a savage, and still think that the TXT-1 is awesome. It will rock crawl in places the savage won't go - there is no question of the fact. In dirt track racing, it would be down right slow compared to the savage though... it's horses for courses.

Definately not a "cheap" truck though.

Regards,

AUSRCEdited by: AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, tose sav's are sweet..but i like the TXT-1.....good for clibing dirt piles, and a general bash in the yard.....

still like to see one in action though..

Nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i had a picture somewhere of a awesome one......the articulation i think its called was huge....ill find it...

Nismo

ahh yes here it is..

sorry,is the picture too big..sorta can see it better...if too big please resize it..lol

Edited by: nismospeed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not to be a picky pratt Nismo Speed but the truck in that picture is actually a Clod Buster based crawler.

Not to say a TXT can't get that much articulation but a Clod is a better base for a rock crawler,as it has a better centre of gravity and it has its motors on its diffs which stops the torque twisting effects that plague the TXT.

I drive a Clod based Crawler and a Juggernaut based crawler.I also run a modded E Maxx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.