Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this problem since I bought the car, its really getting to me now!

Basically the steering doesnt return to the center properly, tends be turned more to the right after you turn right. If you turn hard left, its usually ok. I've replaced the entire radio system so its not the servo's, installed a hi torque servo saver so its not that, its not an alignment problem, dunno what the hell is left!

Anyone know?!?!Edited by: tooch

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
tooch,

Any chance of some pics of the linkages?

I used to run a TG10, and I know there are a few guys on the site that are still running them, I just can't remember what it all looks like.

Thanks,

AUSRC

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Doesn't look like there's anything major wrong.

Only suggestions would be:

-check the length of all the links, where they are adjustable make sure they are all equal in length to the same link on the other side.

-when at centre, the angle of the servosaver must be 90deg to the rod.

-check that your chassis plate is not bent or tweaked. Put a straightedge/ruler along the bottom to check.

-try the alloy servo mounts or just change the screws to machine thread 3mm. The self-tapping 3mm screws get sloppy too easily. (You might also want to consider the TG10 alloy steering set if you're feeling rich.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that Zoomer, just a few questions tho, when you say 90deg to the ROD, do you mean the little adjustable one which connects to the servo saver? I'm pretty sure its set properly anyway but just making sure!

And what kind of screws are Machine Thread screws?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
tooch said:
Thanks for that Zoomer, just a few questions tho, when you say 90deg to the ROD, do you mean the little adjustable one which connects to the servo saver? I'm pretty sure its set properly anyway but just making sure!

Yep. The servosaver/servohorn should be right-angles to the rod at centre, makes it work equally in both directions.

Some think the servohorn must be right-angles to the servo/mounting/chassis but that is not the case *unless* your rod is parallel to the same bits.

And what kind of screws are Machine Thread screws?

They are the finer thread ones, usually used to go into metal parts.

(the ones that cut their own threads into plastic are called 'self tapping', coarser thread)

Its ok to use machine screws into Tamiya plastic, just takes a bit more work putting them in. They usually hold better too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts