Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gidday all,

Just a quick one.

Since taking out the FS12 engine and putting in the FS18 and a TGX 2 speed tranny, the brake sticks on.

I have replaced shoes, disc pad, brake rod and cam, but still no joy - however, it doesn't stick all the time.

Anyone had similar probs? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Steve

G

·
maybe the linkages are all wrong or outta wack??....i had the same prob
on a kyosho.....the link was one slighty, press the pads against the
disc brake...

other than that i dont know...

Nismo

·
Registered
158 Posts
yes this same thing happened to my grandpa's tg10, we ended up taking it to HOBBYONE my lhs handed it in 3 days later fixed, try that, cost us 70 bux but dun the job

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Yeah, I dunno Nismo... Ihave spoken toStevequite a few timesand I think the linkages are right. He is no newbie to Nitro, I have a feeling this is more sinister.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
try a thinner disc??? maybe the disc has a bend it, so it only hits in one spot,

it doesn't stick all the time.

see, maybe a slight twist, ??

Nismo

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I've replaced all brake components with new and have checked and cleaned all linkages. They are set where they have been since new. There appears to be no sign of wear on the plastic parts which house the brake setup.

It's rather bizarre - mechanically, there appears to be nothing which would cause the sticking.

When I get some time, I'll try some new fuel tubing on the linkage - maybe the bit on there has lost its "compressability" ....if there's such a word!

If probs still persist, I'll have to try a return spring somewhere - my LHS's have no suggestions so it would be a waste of money giving it to them.

Thanks again - I'll let you know how it goes in due course.

BTW Ausrc - still haven't had time to put any fuel in the epic - I've been too busy helping a mate solve his Savage probs!!!!!!!! - None really, just break in issues that you are aware of. Althougth, we have modified the servos to now run off a 7.2v stick battery which is mounted on the top of the servo / battery compartment cover, but thats another story! He was lucky to get 2 tanks out of his heavy duty servo batteries - a common problem with the Savage, I believe.

Gotta go,

Cheers all,

Steve

G

·
When I get some time, I'll try some new fuel tubing on the linkage -
maybe the bit on there has lost its "compressability" ....if there's
such a word!

there's a prob mate, replace it, youll find it better, i replaced mine
with really springy rubber fuel tubing, worked way better...maybe it is
thatt spring bit, not enough " push" to bring the pads away from the
disc..

Nismo

G

·
What probably happened is, as the brake wears, it gets thinner making the distance between the pads smaller. If you take out the washer on the screws it will stop sticking. You can then start adding washers to the end near the head of the screw so you have good brakes all the time and you can wear the disk down to almost nothing. It happend to me. This is what I did and it worked perfectly. The same for some other guys I know.

G

·
I forgot to mention the sticking part. The square piece of metal that closes the pads together is what sticks. By moving the pads closer to that, you will stop it sticking. You will have to adjust the trim and linkage each time you add or take out a washer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts