Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone raced at one of these meetings???......

anyone know off a site i can read up on what cars can be used, motor, etc....??

and when is the next one on??....will it be the same as last year?

Nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry dude, check racing lines mag,

one in melbourne, sydney and perth i think.......

Nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah aussie mags are the best id say....they have all the up coming races in australia...

Nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
TCS 2003 was (for the 1st time) held in Victoria... previous years its been always up in Sydney with the finals on *their* labour day weekend. Melbourne was GREAT!!!

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
That flying machine is flown by Victorian Andy Cooke, who has been to Japan on TCS before. The GT1 final was a nail-biter... there his multi-coloured Ferrari was leading the orange NSX of NSWer Jake Zarb.

These two were driving such amazing lines, it was breathtaking to watch.
They were posting best-lap records during the Finals itself!!! In the end GT1 was won by Zarby, with the prize a trip to Japan to race in TCS Worlds (Nov 2003).

Meet Andy, nicest guy you'll meet in a long time.

Here are the top 3 cars, slightly more 'posed'...

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Oh sorry, forget to add...

Fella in white-sleeved top with cap is Gavin Leys (Vic), who won F1 and is Off to Japan!

Dude in grey top is Tony P (Vic) who came 2nd in Mini; a close-fought battle which was only determined after countback.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Haha yeah, him too. I hear he had to acquire an EvoIII in a hurry and carted that along to race - as all touring cars end up in the same class (running SportTuned) or something like that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts